EVO cage

jagrubb99

This alone would sell me on the Evo rather than the RH. I think they are both great products, but I am confused on how someone would find the RH more appealing that this one.
Really think it will come down to personal preference for a lot of folks. Some may be more old school and just like the look of the round tubing better than the square.

swampdog

Same here. It definitely "flows" better with the interior. I don't consider myself a small guy so any room salvaged in the fabrication of a cage is a plus. Honestly though it's hard to say until we see the whole thing installed.

Yeah, it's a more finished look and being 6'4", the added room in the door would be nice when entering vs the RH or PS from my experience.

CarolinaJK

Yeah, it's a more finished look and being 6'4", the added room in the door would be nice when entering vs the RH or PS from my experience.

That's also what is making the Evo cage look better to me. I'm also 6'4" and the room definitely would make a difference.

metalic

That's also what is making the Evo cage look better to me. I'm also 6'4" and the room definitely would make a difference.

I'm 6'4" also and have never had a problem with my RH cage. I run plenty of EVO products but but I don't see a huge advantage here

JKU-Tom

Does it work with pre 2015 JK's. Does the tweeter fit inside the tube. Can't really tell. I'll stick with my RH cage.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
lol I'm 6'2" and the rock hard cage doesn't impede me getting in at all! Some of you guys are looking into it to much. Also the handle doesn't impede sight lines at all either. When your doors are on it is out of the way as well. Last but not least the handle on the rockhard cage keeps me from yanking on my steering wheel when trying to climb in.

I really think some of you just need to sit in a jeep with the rockhard cage before you think it will make it harder to get in and that it impedes sight lines

Ddays

Hooked
I want to see the whole cage before I pull the trigger. So far I'm leaning towards the RH kit but will wait for the full picture.

JAGS

Hooked
lol I'm 6'2" and the rock hard cage doesn't impede me getting in at all! Some of you guys are looking into it to much. Also the handle doesn't impede sight lines at all either. When your doors are on it is out of the way as well. Last but not least the handle on the rockhard cage keeps me from yanking on my steering wheel when trying to climb in.

I really think some of you just need to sit in a jeep with the rockhard cage before you think it will make it harder to get in and that it impedes sight lines

This. ^^

I'll be cruising by the EVO/ORE booth Sunday. I'm sure by then more pics would have been released Saturday.

I don't think you can go wrong with the RH cage. It didn't instantly become a bad product.

Perhaps now some folks might actually have a choice. ORfab went under and PS will soon be made in China. Smity...no thanks. The rest are weld in.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
The handle is one of the reasons why I like the RH cage better it just makes it convenient while getting in the jeep. But that's just me.

Journeyman

Looks like Evo's dropping some new steel high line fenders this wknd also. Snagged a screenshot off insta but site won't let me upload it from my mobile.

Big Bad Wolf

Looks good but a handle would be nice to see.

I'm 6'2 and have never seen so many tall guys in one place :p Basketball games don't count.

swampdog

This. ^^

I'll be cruising by the EVO/ORE booth Sunday. I'm sure by then more pics would have been released Saturday.

I don't think you can go wrong with the RH cage. It didn't instantly become a bad product.

Perhaps now some folks might actually have a choice. ORfab went under and PS will soon be made in China. Smity...no thanks. The rest are weld in.

Completely agree. Never heard a bad thing said about the RH product. I'm just digging the more discreet look and curious to see how the EVO installs.

Benito

Caught the Bug
I really want to see the rest of this cage and where and how it integrates to the stock cage But from current observations I don't know how much stronger an "angle iron" A pillar would be stronger than a tubular A pillar.

JKbrick

I really want to see the rest of this cage and where and how it integrates to the stock cage But from current observations I don't know how much stronger an "angle iron" A pillar would be stronger than a tubular A pillar.

I wonder how they are tested? Computer simulations? It would get expensive rolling Jeeps for testing

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Would like to see the total package, price, and how easy the install is before I form an opinion. Will still most likely do the RH C pillar kit anyways.

Ddays

Hooked
The view I'm waiting for is how it mounts the bottom leg. Is it bolted to the door opening or does it go all the way to the floor? If its all the way to the floor that would clinch the deal for me.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The view I'm waiting for is how it mounts the bottom leg. Is it bolted to the door opening or does it go all the way to the floor? If its all the way to the floor that would clinch the deal for me.

My guess is that it bolts in just like the RH cage based off of the metal piece they showed in there teaser shots.

Ddays

Hooked
My guess is that it bolts in just like the RH cage based off of the metal piece they showed in there teaser shots.

Yeah, I thought that but couldn't see for sure. I really like the RH and I was checking yours out Saturday to see how it was attached everywhere. Its a really stout cage and I actually like the round bars better.
IDK, I'll wait for more photos I guess.

Top Bottom