Raceline Monster Beadlock??

swampdog

Anyone ever ran these or have any experience with them? Close to pulling the trigger on an aluminum set but can find many reviews.

TennJK

Scott is going to run a set on his new jk I believe. I was looking at them too. Hopefully someone will chime in

jkwebbie

Scott is running Racelines on his JK and I know a few guys with Racelines and haven't heard a single bad thing about them. Plus a lot of rock bouncers run Racelines...if they are good enough for rock bouncers, I think they'll be just fine for a JK lol

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I run them, love them get them PC clear coat : Mine pitted a bit from mag chloride from winter road conditions... my only "gripe".

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I was going to get a set of these a while back, but fell onto a good deal 2 times on other brands of beadlocks so went with those. Just really like the look of the racelines.

2011jk

I've had 3 sets of them and loved them until I went to 40" Trail Graplers. I couldn't get them to stop leaking. Chamber Pro's now without the issues.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I ran a set of them on my '08 JKUR with 35" and 37" Goodyear MT/R Kevlars. They looked great, but the beadlock ring bolts would not stay tourqed, and I had alot of broken bolts. I replaced the bolts and still had problems. The outer lip on the RT233 wheels isn't as tall as something like the ATX Slab, so the ring was barely making contact with the wheel with everything tourqued. Hindsight, I probably should've used some kind of spacer, and the aluminum rings would've worked better than the flexible thin steel rings that were on mine. Another thing with the Raceline wheels is they do not use threaded inserts like alot of other beadlock manufacturers do. If you strip out the threads for one of your beadlock bolts, you'll have to drill it out and add an insert or helicoil. I had 18" Spyderlock wheels before the Raceline wheels, and switched to these Raceline RT233 when I needed new tires, and didn't want to pay the 18" tire premium $$$. I went with ATX Slabs on my current Jeep.

Here's some pics.

With new 37" MT/R Kevlars mounted.

938faf4f.jpg

Painted the rings after I grew tired of the all black look.
a3eaa7b8.jpg

Cleaned and painted after I removed the old 35" MT/R Kevlars
af160dbb.jpg

With 35" MT/R Kevlars
IMG_0600.jpg

Poser shot in Sedona before I painted the rings.
IMG_0909-2.jpg

Last edited:

BigPrince

They looked great, but the beadlock ring bolts would not stay tourqed, and I had alot of broken bolts. I replaced the bolts and still had problems. The outer lip on the RT233 wheels isn't as tall as something like the ATX Slab, so the ring was barely making contact with the wheel with everything tourqued. Hindsight, I probably should've used some kind of spacer, and the aluminum rings would've worked better than the flexible thin steel rings that were on mine.

I learned the hard way with 233 Aluminum ring Monsters that if it can't mate with the wheel fully flush at 15lbs torque due to a thicker bead, such as my 41.5" Pitbulls have, you need to run the spacers Raceline sells or change ring type(steel vs alum). I had the same issue you describe and blew about 20bolts before getting the spacers.

I've had 3 sets of them and loved them until I went to 40" Trail Graplers. I couldn't get them to stop leaking. Chamber Pro's now without the issues.

The spacers supposedly fix that issue.

Another thing with the Raceline wheels is they do not use threaded inserts like alot of other beadlock manufacturers do. If you strip out the threads for one of your beadlock bolts, you'll have to drill it out and add an insert or helicoil.

This is actually incorrect. I bought a set a month ago and they use threaded inserts. Multiple guys in my group have had them for years and have the threaded inserts you can knock out with a screwdriver & hammer. If you buy some spare bolts they even come with the inserts. Just replaced some after doing 5days in Moab.

WarriorJeep

I've been running Racelines with 37" BFG KO2's and they held up problem free for my Transamerica Trail trip, which equates to well over 5000 off road dirt miles. I did clear coat mine first to avoid pitting.

I had to replace 6 bolts total on the trail, was very easy, the inserts aren't hard to deal with at all. They are also incredibly light compared to other beadlock wheels. This is a huge plus as rotational weight can be an issue depending on tire size.

I would recommend them to anyone wanting a solid beadlock that doesn't weigh a metric shit ton

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I learned the hard way with 233 Aluminum ring Monsters that if it can't mate with the wheel fully flush at 15lbs torque due to a thicker bead, such as my 41.5" Pitbulls have, you need to run the spacers Raceline sells or change ring type(steel vs alum). I had the same issue you describe and blew about 20bolts before getting the spacers.

The spacers supposedly fix that issue.

This is actually incorrect. I bought a set a month ago and they use threaded inserts. Multiple guys in my group have had them for years and have the threaded inserts you can knock out with a screwdriver & hammer. If you buy some spare bolts they even come with the inserts. Just replaced some after doing 5days in Moab.

They must have changed the design then. It was not incorrect on the set I had. The beadlock ring bolts threaded into the wheel itself and had no inserts. That was a big complaint I had, so sounds like they fixed that.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The only thing I don't like about them is how the bolt head is exposed. I have used my rings a couple times on rocks and I bet if I had these I would never get the ring off again since the head would be gone. Otherwise it's a good looking wheel

Rocralr

Beadlocks

I have them on my 2015 JKU and I have had 0 problems. They stay tight and do not need a lot of maintenance. Some day when I learn how to post pictures I'll show you. Take care and stay safe.

jesse3638

Hooked
I've been running them since 2012 and have had no problems. As stated above mine have inserts and aren't tapped directly into the wheel. I'm not sure which year they decided to tap them directly into the wheel or if that's the practice they use today. I do a 5 tire rotation and re-torque them at every oil change (4K miles) and very few need more than a 1/4 turn to be tight. The only complaint I have is when I bought them I do not believe the aluminum ring was available otherwise I'd have gone with that instead of the steel. The heads appear to be recessed in that version offering a bit more protection for them.

geberhard

Douchebag
Love mine, and no issues dropping tire pressure to single digits. The wheels are pretty light, and well made. I am goingto sell my set and likely pick up a set of 8 lugs of the same flavor:

just do not inflate them with helium!!
13419284_10154290649058011_4566827762114364290_n.jpg

13435480_10154290474278011_473759686982769276_n.jpg

Top Bottom