Door and Panel Storage

HardRock87

Door and Soft Top Panel Storage idea for you.

I found some specs for a PVC door holder and modified it just a little. Works great! In some of the pictures you can see I attached it to a board with wheels (I recommend bigger wheels.) using U bolts. This has been a life / door saver.

I needed a way to store my panels when I have the doors and roof down, and I didn't want to spend any where near the price they are online. So I went to Lowe's (cheaper than Home Depot) and purchased 2 - 4 foot and 1 6 foot plastic wrapped braided cords, U bolts and some heavy duty J hooks.

In the pictures it doesn't that later on I went to Wal-Mart and bought some plastic clothes pins. I found out that the 2 small panels were falling down. So I use 2 pins per panel and they work great without leaving any marks.

To hang the panels I use the bottom plastic clip and flip upside down and use that to hang on the cords.

HERE is the website that I got the idea from. I made mine smaller than he did.

IMG_1058.jpg
IMG_1057.jpg
IMG_0882.jpg
IMG_0881.jpg
IMG_1364.jpg
IMG_1363.jpg
IMG_1362.jpg

Last edited:

HardRock87

Sweet! Thanks for the link. Looks like a weekend project. Just in time for the nice weather.

More than welcome. Look at the "appendix" section at the bottom of his write up. It gives the measurements for the shortened version.

TRLJNKY

Great idea about the door holder thanks for sharing. Seen the vid about the drywall carrier. I just need to go pick one up

HardRock87

cav♤fighter;713403 said:
Great idea about the door holder thanks for sharing. Seen the vid about the drywall carrier. I just need to go pick one up

Definitely! I was going to buy one, but being A) not wanting to spend the money and B) renting my current house. I didn't want to risk a holder that you mount on the walls. I could have designed and built a wall holder for probably under $100, but that $100 less towards my lift and winch. I can deal with almost $100 for everything instead of just one item.

Rideski

What a great idea for a door holder. I struggle every weekend with this.. No more tho. Thanks for sharing.

Johnlmt33

Here is my rack, I also attached the frames to the side

Attachments

• 1466266863630.jpg
    1466266863630.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 1466266926936.jpg
    1466266926936.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 165

jesse3638

Hooked
That's a good idea for those who don't have the space or availability of doing a wall mounted door holder. I went to Harbor Freight bought 8 ladder hooks for $2-3 each and at my old house just drilled and screwed them into my 2X4 shelving I had made. That worked great. Then I sold the house and moved. Unscrewed them took them to my new place. I mounted some 2x4's to the wall of my garage screwed them in an I was cold to go. Hanging them up out of the way works best for me as I have kids and would hate for them to knock them over or run their bike or scooter into them. Now my hard top I have a dolly I made and I can roll it around as needed. I'll get some pics ASAP. I've been slacking and my top and doors are still on..:(

HardRock87

That's a good idea for those who don't have the space or availability of doing a wall mounted door holder. I went to Harbor Freight bought 8 ladder hooks for $2-3 each and at my old house just drilled and screwed them into my 2X4 shelving I had made. That worked great. Then I sold the house and moved. Unscrewed them took them to my new place. I mounted some 2x4's to the wall of my garage screwed them in an I was cold to go. Hanging them up out of the way works best for me as I have kids and would hate for them to knock them over or run their bike or scooter into them. Now my hard top I have a dolly I made and I can roll it around as needed. I'll get some pics ASAP. I've been slacking and my top and doors are still on..:(

Sounds great. I only have 2 dogs and my husband and my dogs know better not to mess with anything but their toys.

Top Bottom