Sway Bar disconnect problem

Tylerself17

Hello friends, I disconnected my rubicon express quick disconnects about a month ago and went to reconnect them tonight and had a really hard time, prior to this I've never had any trouble before. When I finally got them connected they looked like this, does anyone know why this would happen or what would cause it? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464748128.428418.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464748157.888708.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well they clearly are not set to the same length. It doesn't look like your jam nut was set properly causing it to spin out.

Tylerself17

That's the only way that I could get it on.. Lol I damn near broke my thumb trying to get it on. I had them at the same length but my drivers side wouldn't line up

Beat me to it. You can have someone rock or lean the jeep if you cant find a level piece of ground.

Yes this is true. I have the teraflex quick discos and half the time I need someone to rock my bumper...along with an extended screwdriver and rubber mallet. Far from "quick" disconnects lol

Makes me consider the No Limits from EVO...

Yea those are pretty sweet. I do like the way TF has the metal pins that you can mount them to get them out of the way when disconnected. That's what sold me on them. Its just the bushings on them that get worn...greased or not unfortunately.

jamesrw30

I have the JKS discos and have had a ton of trouble with them in the past. Recently went back and got to looking over some of the install instructions and found they recommend an optimal angle percentage for the sway bar. Once I did that I realized that mine had been way off this whole time. Put it at the right angle and readjusted my discos hoping this will make it easier later. Just something to think about. I think they recommend 30 degrees from the pivot point at the top of the disco. And as stated, being on level ground is a must because they can be pretty picky when it isn't. I think that new EVO set up is really sweet. Now if I just had a JK to put it on haha.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I guess I'm lucky because I never felt that it was difficult to connect. I do however always find a level spot to hook back up even if I have to run down the road a bit unhooked.

Top Bottom