Install Party Anyone?

InvAdeReKiM

Hi InvAdeReKiM. I live in same area. I'm going to be installing my Enforcer lift in about 3 weeks, 4 at the most, in my driveway. If you can wait that long I can help you with yours. PM me if your interested.

hmmmm man I don't know if I can wait that long lol I'm trying to plan to do it next weekend but that could change. I'll keep it in mind...

Do you have a lift or high enough jacks?

JeepJeep75

hmmmm man I don't know if I can wait that long lol I'm trying to plan to do it next weekend but that could change. I'll keep it in mind...

Do you have a lift or high enough jacks?

No, no lift. I don't have tall jack stands yet either. I plan on getting some tall jack stands from Summit. In the mean time using large flat pieces of wood under the jack stands has worked for me. Sorry I can't help you sooner, I'm still recovering from a hernia surgery. Still have a few weeks of r&r.

InvAdeReKiM

No, no lift. I don't have tall jack stands yet either. I plan on getting some tall jack stands from Summit. In the mean time using large flat pieces of wood under the jack stands has worked for me. Sorry I can't help you sooner, I'm still recovering from a hernia surgery. Still have a few weeks of r&r.

copy that, I'm planning on installing mine next Saturday but if things change I'll let ya know! my buddy has a high jack so I hope it works good enough for us

WJCO

Meme King
copy that, I'm planning on installing mine next Saturday but if things change I'll let ya know! my buddy has a high jack so I hope it works good enough for us

PLEASE make sure you have jack stands and don't rely solely on the jack.

Jay_r24

I purchased a Rubicon Express 3.5" Sport lift kit to go on my 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport..(after 2 years of him-hawing around about pulling the trigger)

I also purchased some:
17" Anthem Off-Road wheels
35"/12.50/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers

My real question is:
Should I install at a shop (4wheelParts quoted me an insane $920 to install) or just do it myself?

I'm in the South Bay Torrance area of California...

Everyone's help is greatly appreciated!

I would def. recommend doing it yourself, you will learn your rig and when something needs adjusting or a fixin you will know your away around your lift. And it's always good to say "done by me"

InvAdeReKiM

I got a couple questions for you guys,

Alright, guys I installed the front part of my suspension this weekend... I had trouble with stuff and directions are hard to follow and could Not find write ups on my lift kit install...

So in 2 (not full, about 4 hours each) days I got the following installed (which all came in the Rubicon Express 3.5" Sport kit):

-Front Shocks: Rubicon Express (Bilstein)
-Front Springs: Rubicon Express
-Drop Brackets: (for Upper & Lower Control Arms)
-Exhaust Spacers

The following is NOT INSTALLED YET:

-Rear Shocks: Rubicon Express (Bilstein)
-Rear Springs: Rubicon Express
-Front Track Bar
-Rear Sway-Bar Links
-Front Brake Line Extension bracket
-Rear Brake Line Extension bracket

Question #1 - Do you take the STOCK "Sway Bar Links from the Rear" and put them up in the Front? (Videos I seen on YouTube, during installation of other kits, they did this... but I don't see any of that in the instructions for my kit.

Question #2 - Any tips on installing the Front Sway Bar?

Question #3 - How do you install the Brake line Extension bracket? I don't have enough play to move the brake lines down far enough to mount on the extension bracket? Is there something I missed?

Jeeper125

I got a couple questions for you guys,

Alright, guys I installed the front part of my suspension this weekend... I had trouble with stuff and directions are hard to follow and could Not find write ups on my lift kit install...

So in 2 (not full, about 4 hours each) days I got the following installed (which all came in the Rubicon Express 3.5" Sport kit):

-Front Shocks: Rubicon Express (Bilstein)
-Front Springs: Rubicon Express
-Drop Brackets: (for Upper & Lower Control Arms)
-Exhaust Spacers

The following is NOT INSTALLED YET:

-Rear Shocks: Rubicon Express (Bilstein)
-Rear Springs: Rubicon Express
-Front Track Bar
-Rear Sway-Bar Links
-Front Brake Line Extension bracket
-Rear Brake Line Extension bracket

Question #1 - Do you take the STOCK "Sway Bar Links from the Rear" and put them up in the Front? (Videos I seen on YouTube, during installation of other kits, they did this... but I don't see any of that in the instructions for my kit.

Question #2 - Any tips on installing the Front Sway Bar?

Question #3 - How do you install the Brake line Extension bracket? I don't have enough play to move the brake lines down far enough to mount on the extension bracket? Is there something I missed?

For the front I did not use my brake line extensions and I bent the bracket that holds the line and the bottom of the coil
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465865515.970628.jpg just bend the thin metal that surrounds the brake line and you should have all the brake line you would need

scull20

On my 3" enforcer kit, the rear links moved up front and then new longer rear links were installed. Just make sure you put the links on the proper sides.

Seems like that may be the same for this kit as well.

InvAdeReKiM

For the front I did not use my brake line extensions and I bent the bracket that holds the line and the bottom of the coil
View attachment 208196 just bend the thin metal that surrounds the brake line and you should have all the brake line you would need

so down where the bracket mounts by the spring you bent that? is it mounted or just hanging there freely?

InvAdeReKiM

On my 3" enforcer kit, the rear links moved up front and then new longer rear links were installed. Just make sure you put the links on the proper sides.

Seems like that may be the same for this kit as well.

does the left side stay on the left or is it swapped up front?

Mr.Green

so down where the bracket mounts by the spring you bent that? is it mounted or just hanging there freely?

The bracket that he is holding in the picture is clamped around the line. If you leave the bracket attached, it makes it a lot easier to pry (VERY CAREFULLY) the bracket away from the brake line. After that just unbolt the bracket and throw it away.

I have beven told you can even go 4 inches in lift and still not need to replace the brake lines.

Jeeper125

The bracket that he is holding in the picture is clamped around the line. If you leave the bracket attached, it makes it a lot easier to pry (VERY CAREFULLY) the bracket away from the brake line. After that just unbolt the bracket and throw it away.

I have beven told you can even go 4 inches in lift and still not need to replace the brake lines.

Have four inches of lift and at full flex I still have slack in the front brake lines

InvAdeReKiM

Awesome thanks... yeah I didn't install the extensions on the front lines of my jeep.. I got a 3.5" RE lift and I have slack still when fully articulated... I'll re check later today after I put my new 35" tires on

Top Bottom