2016 WAYALIFE Memorial Weekend Kick Off to Summer Camping Trip

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great pics! I
Missed a good one

Yes you did and for a wedding I might add!! :rolleyes2:
We really missed having you and Jen on this one.

Great pics. Looks like a cool area of history to explore.

Thanks! When you live in a state that has more ghost towns then populated towns, you're bound to find all kinds of cool stuff to see and explore :yup:

Wow! Those were were some great pics! Lots of history on this trip! Looks like a great time!

Glad you liked it and enjoyed the history that went with it :cool:

cav♤fighter;713349 said:
Looks like an awesome trip thanks for sharing. Saw one of the rides on the highway heading home. Was waiting to see the update

LOL!! What color was the Jeep? :)

Man that looks like it was such a fun weekend! It's awesome that you all got to see those cool old places. Thanks for sharing!

It really was a fun weekend and we feel lucky that we have so much to see out here. :cool:

Great pics as always!! Looked like you guys had a blast! That's crazy that the Manson family had a visit there! :eek:

Crazy indeed! Crazy that Rose, the old lady there didn't get killed and crazy that there's still people who are around to tell the story from a personal point of view.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Amazing pictures Eddie and Cindy the history that yall explored was amazing seeing all the old artifacts that are still standing today to tell the stories. Thank yall for sharing the experience and the beautiful photography.

So happy to know there are people who enjoy this kind of stuff as much as we do. Hopefully, enough of us can keep these things from disappearing.

Still lamenting the fact I had to miss this trip. Looks like a great, relaxing time. Thanks for sharing your pics and adventures Eddie. [emoji106][emoji41][emoji41]

It was a bummer for sure that you couldn't join us on this trip.

I had a great time hanging out with some good friends! Nevada is full of historic sites just waiting to be explored. Thank you Eddie & Cindy for taking the time to show us a small portion of it! :)

Good time for sure - so glad that you were able to join us on this trip :thumb:

You are the king of trip recaps. Excellent pictures and description. We had a fantastic time on this trip and we are already looking forward to the next one, whenever that is. :yup:

Glad you were able to make it out to this one and yes, we need to get out again.

Awesome pics and story! It's exploration trips like this that got me into a Jeep in the first place. No matter how fun the trails are, it's trips like these that will always be my favorite! One of these days I'll be back West again!

Couldn't agree with you more. We like wheeling hard just as much as the next guy but our heart has always been in exploring. :cool:

Had a blast! Thank you Eddie and Cindy for the great time!

(Sunday was not so great. Lol)

LOL!! Sunday looked like a hard day for you for sure! Glad you were able to join us and glad you enjoyed yourself in spite of the hangover :D

Eddie! Thanks for posting up this awesome trip report! We had an amazing time and what a great way to kick off the summer; with great friends exploring history rich Nevada.

Looking forward to the next adventure...

Oh yeah, can't wait to get you and Steph out with us again to do more exploring! Maybe after you get your Renegade :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
cav♤fighter;713660 said:
I believe it was Trail JK heading through Washoe Valley. White with the Nitto doorstickers. Lol just told my wife "hey theres one of the Jeeps im always watching on You Tube"

Trail JK was not on the trip. That would be MTG.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Such a great trip! Thanks again Eddie and Cindy! On a personal note, the trip caused me to revisit some of my own family history after we returned.

My only regret from the trip is not taking a picture of Overlander, hungover, walking down the side of a desolate road playing hot potato with his muffler on his way back to his Jeep. ;)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Such a great trip! Thanks again Eddie and Cindy! On a personal note, the trip caused me to revisit some of my own family history after we returned.

My only regret from the trip is not taking a picture of Overlander, hungover, walking down the side of a desolate road playing hot potato with his muffler on his way back to his Jeep. ;)

That was a site to see. Lol

MTG

Caught the Bug
Our pics are spread between my phone, Wendy's phone, the kids's phone and our camera. Here are the ones from my phone...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464848602.285414.jpg
Loaded up ready to go. This Cabela's rack worked perfectly to get some gear outside and made the 4 of us more comfortable.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464848678.310364.jpg
All this time I thought this was in Paris.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464848720.650353.jpg
Rubicat heading into some awesome Nevada skies!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464848781.455345.jpg
Amazing places in Nevada.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464848828.458327.jpg
Yep. The view does not suck.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464848860.747088.jpg
Rubicat and Knuckles.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464848903.318620.jpg
Objects in mirror...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464848994.244747.jpg
Horrible view from the hammocks

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464849040.751389.jpg
All hands looking for Trailbuds wallet