The official Wayalife Texas Hidden Falls run thread! October 14-16th!

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I hope this works out to be a good get together. Too bad i am working that weekend - and a long way away.

tdougherty81

I might jump back on this run but may only come up for the day Saturday. Just bought my wife a Renegade Trailhawk so may bring that as well.

Munky

Just came across this Thread. I'm leaving San Diego next Wednesday headed towards Louisiana. I will be kinda close to this event Thursday evening, but can detour if anyone is getting to the place earlier on Friday and hitting the trails. '12 JKU 2 1/2" RC Lift, 35x12.5x17 Maxxis Bighorns and some other mods.

Jegar

Any chance I can talk someone into helping me replace my stock rear bumper, providing the sale goes through and I am able to pick it up on this run? And by "help" I mean: I will hand you the tools, hold the light, ask annoying questions, and serve beer :)

I actually like the look of my Jeep without it, and I have been following the Pros/Cons of No Rear Bumper thread, but damn the spare tire looks vulnerable without it. I realize that the stock bumper offers little in the way of protection, but the scraping and banging of it DOES serve as great feedback when I have misjudged my angle of departure, or when I have mistakenly thought I had cleared the big-ass rock :) ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475717465.647394.jpg

PROJKUR

Any chance I can talk someone into helping me replace my stock rear bumper, providing the sale goes through and I am able to pick it up on this run? And by "help" I mean: I will hand you the tools, hold the light, ask annoying questions, and serve beer :)

I actually like the look of my Jeep without it, and I have been following the Pros/Cons of No Rear Bumper thread, but damn the spare tire looks vulnerable without it. I realize that the stock bumper offers little in the way of protection, but the scraping and banging of it DOES serve as great feedback when I have misjudged my angle of departure, or when I have mistakenly thought I had cleared the big-ass rock :) View attachment 225753

I would be willing to help out but don't think I'm getting there until sat am...

Who's all camping?

WJCO

Meme King

I actually like the look of my Jeep without it, and I have been following the Pros/Cons of No Rear Bumper thread, but damn the spare tire looks vulnerable without it. I realize that the stock bumper offers little in the way of protection, but the scraping and banging of it DOES serve as great feedback when I have misjudged my angle of departure, or when I have mistakenly thought I had cleared the big-ass rock :) View attachment 225753

If you lived closer, I'd give you ours. Just took it off yesterday. As far as rear ideas, the EVO fascia is a pretty clean look. Also, you can buy a spare tire protector, basically a piece of steel tubing under the tire that plugs into the hitch.

PROJKUR

If you lived closer, I'd give you ours. Just took it off yesterday. As far as rear ideas, the EVO fascia is a pretty clean look. Also, you can buy a spare tire protector, basically a piece of steel tubing under the tire that plugs into the hitch.

Oh you might need a stock bumper? I might be able to offer one...

Exodus 4x4

Damn, I just threw one away I had been carrying around for like 8 months. My opinion is go with an aftermarket. I do like the look without it but I don't trust other drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just came across this Thread. I'm leaving San Diego next Wednesday headed towards Louisiana. I will be kinda close to this event Thursday evening, but can detour if anyone is getting to the place earlier on Friday and hitting the trails. '12 JKU 2 1/2" RC Lift, 35x12.5x17 Maxxis Bighorns and some other mods.

People likely won't get to Marble Falls until evening of Friday. If you want to hang out for the day on Saturday, that's when everyone will be wheeling. Not sure if that works with your plans or not.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jegar

I would be willing to help out but don't think I'm getting there until sat am...

Who's all camping?
I remember the legendary 2am fender cutting festivities of last year's Wayalife HF run, so maybe it will still work out [emoji38] (On a sadder note for me, speaking of fender cutting....I have been reluctant to ask anyone to help me do that, but I really scratched the passenger side at the Palo Duro Challenge, so I took my Jeep to the 4x4 shop snd asked them to do. I also needed the plastic clips replaced and the passenger fenders snapped back on. They put two nice dents in the metal above where the clips go. Of course, despite the fact that I checked my Jeep prior to bringing it in: "Oh, yeah....that was there already......we saw it when we took the fenders off."[emoji25])

Great advice. I saw the great job you did on your wife's Jeep!

Oh you might need a stock bumper? I might be able to offer one...

That would be cool if you were able. I have contacted two people, one in Ft. Hood and one in Georgetown, about buying the their Willys edition bumpers for $50. At the time I didn't know, but the shiny black center of the Willys bumper is actually just a cover. I was able to salvage mine. Supposedly it just snaps over. At the rate I smack that rear corner, I probably would do well to have a collection of these bumpers! I really am going to consider WJCO's recommendation down the road -- for now, I wanted to keep as much of the "Willys edition" look as I can.

Top Bottom