4th of July WAYALIFE L.A.-Mammoth Lakes Run- OFFICIAL THREAD

BLCK4X4

This is the OFFIAL THREAD of this event.

Okay everyone this is my first trip. So I have an opportunity for us. I'm planning a trip(nothing crazy) up to Mammoth lakes for the 4th of July weekend.

Description:

We will be driving up on the morning of the 2nd of July, and coming home mid day on the 5th. We will be meeting in the Santa Clarita (Los Angeles area) and Convoy up to Mammoth lakes the morning of the 2nd.

The best part about this trip is... I got us a spot in the Towns Big 4th of July Parade. So we will be driving in the parade which will be awesome!

On the surrounding days we will be hitting a couple of moderate trails In the area. There will be lots of lakes so pack fishing supplies if your a fisher.
May be some Hiking off the trails to see certain landmarks or historic pieces of history.

Trails:
-Pumas Mine
-Laurel Lakes
-Bodie Ghost Town Trail
-Wheelers Ridge

There isn't a whole lot of trails in the area but just enough to have some fun. Nothing difficult. All jeeps are welcome. Stock Jeeps should be able to make most trails(may be a lot more work than others)

You will be in charge of finding your own hotel, condo, house ext.
No fees are needed.
All permits are Taken care of.

We may NOT meet up every single day. So feel free to do your own thing the days we don't coordinate a certain Trail. Enjoy the Town, lakes..ect.

I do have a property there where it will be safe to remove tops and doors and leave them off for the trip.

More details will come the closer we get..

Let me know if you are planning on coming or if it's a Maybe!

If you do plan on attending, please PM me your cell phone number as that is going to be our form of communication the days leading up to the event.

There is a Limit to the spots reserved for the parade so first come first serve!

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks everyone, let's make this a fun one!

Date: July 2nd-5th

Meeting Location: Santa Clarita (Los Angeles area)

Meeting Date/Time: July 2nd / 6:00am

Return Date/Time: July 5th / 5:00pm

CB Radio Channel #: 26

Activities During Trip:
-Trail: Pumas Mine
-Trail: Laurel Lakes
-Event: 4th of July Parade
-Trail: Wheelers Ridge
-Trail: Bodie Ghost Town
-Trail: Kavanaugh Ridge

Contact Info: Jake(Fightfire15)

Emergency Contact Number: 661-433-7677

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464921029.152077.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464921043.626289.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464921056.485041.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464921072.403835.jpg
View attachment 204182
View attachment 204184

---------------------------------------------------
Attending:
-Fightfire15 (Convoy)
-Joesims (Convoy)
-JKBarnett (Meet)
-mm4x4 (Convoy)
-DINKELROC (Convoy)
-LearJeff (Meet)
-

Maybe:
-Nengrana

Last edited:

Nengrana

Oh dang!

wow that looks beautiful up there! I want to say yes but put me as a maybe. I need to make sure my wife will be able to make it.

BLCK4X4

wow that looks beautiful up there! I want to say yes but put me as a maybe. I need to make sure my wife will be able to make it.

No problem! I'll add you on as maybe.
Let me know ASAP as spots are filling up fast:)

Last edited:

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Man that sounds like a lot of fun!! Wish I could go on this run! Have lots of fun guys and take lots of pics!

Krieger

I'll be up in Mammoth this weekend doing some camping,
Do you guys have a meeting place? I'd love run a few trails with the group.

Top Bottom