STUDcon - The building of a 2016 JKUR

Studfam24

From there I realized that even with 1.5" spacers, the stock wheels would not work, even with only a 11.5 wide tire due to some rubbing by the rear sway links. So waiting till I bought tires before mounting up my new Machete beadlocks was out of the question. It looks like it skipped leg day a few times but not too terrible. COME ON 37's!!! Cooper stt pros to come soon.
We've had a few sets of beadlocks before but nothing of this quality before. The KMC Machete wheel is near perfect. Huge 3/8" recessed bolts, no leaks the first time on, two valve stems for quick inflation/deflation and they look killer. Too many black on black on black rigs out there today and I have personally beat that horse so we went with the machines finish to offset all the rest of the paint matched stuff.

IMG_1477153397.027611.jpg

IMG_1477153431.601616.jpg

IMG_1477153464.097606.jpg

IMG_1477153480.038219.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Studfam24

Next to come will be the JCR slim rear fenders and fender liners, c-gussets, front mini skids and the 37's. I have everything but the tires and some more matched paint. So as soon as we get some more [emoji857] we'll be getting that done.

Next mods will be a Warn Xeon 10, S-pod and ARB twin compressor.

If you have any questions about this kit or anything you see on my build feel free to ask. Love this community and the wife and I really enjoy building STUDcon aka Gandalf, and showing you all.

Hers a couple flex shots before the new links.

IMG_1477153802.825618.jpg

IMG_1477153818.523046.jpg

Oh and since I've already been called a mall crawler, which I love to embrace the stereotype by pretending I am one by keeping it so clean, here is proof she is far from a parking lot princess.

IMG_1477153907.776094.jpg

The gas tank skid never lies.

Turtle [emoji217] turtle [emoji217]...

love2wheel

I am definitely not a professional mechanic, but I am a pretty competent one. Cutting on the jeep though really makes me uneasy. And the overall researching of mods and upgrades is extremely overwhelming. You all make it look easy. I know there is a lot that goes into it behind the scenes, and I am very impressed with everybody's rigs here. Other than my extremely tight budget in my way, I don't even know where to start. I hope to learn and retain the knowledge you guys (and gals) have to offer. Glad to be a part of this way of life. The polished look is killer btw. I'm wanting to do something similar.

Sent from my LGL31L using WAYALIFE mobile app

Studfam24

I am definitely not a professional mechanic, but I am a pretty competent one. Cutting on the jeep though really makes me uneasy. And the overall researching of mods and upgrades is extremely overwhelming. You all make it look easy. I know there is a lot that goes into it behind the scenes, and I am very impressed with everybody's rigs here. Other than my extremely tight budget in my way, I don't even know where to start. I hope to learn and retain the knowledge you guys (and gals) have to offer. Glad to be a part of this way of life. The polished look is killer btw. I'm wanting to do something similar.

Feel free to ask away. We are always more than willing to assist and chances are there is a few of us in your area who wouldn't mind a beer and working on it together. Good luck brother! Enjoy it.

love2wheel

Feel free to ask away. We are always more than willing to assist and chances are there is a few of us in your area who wouldn't mind a beer and working on it together. Good luck brother! Enjoy it.

That would be cool. I have done some searching here to answer some of my questions. I will hold off on build related questions untill I'm ready for big upgrades. I intended to put 35s on in February but after all the reading I've done here I have decided to run 33.12.5 (as much as I want 35) until I can take care of a few upgrades to the front axle. I would like to do them all at the same time.

RocknJK

Love it! Looks amazing! The flex shot of the front is impressive! It's coming together nicely. Let me know when your ready to go test it out. I'll see if I can make it. Would love to see it in action!

Studfam24

That would be cool. I have done some searching here to answer some of my questions. I will hold off on build related questions untill I'm ready for big upgrades. I intended to put 35s on in February but after all the reading I've done here I have decided to run 33.12.5 (as much as I want 35) until I can take care of a few upgrades to the front axle. I would like to do them all at the same time.

No worries. Just let us know when!

Top Bottom