Rob Burgundy's 1 ton slooow build

Rb1boxer_3

What are you planning on doing about the different lug patterns?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I'm just gonna spend the money and get the spi from I forgot what website I'll look later they are 350 a side. I found a guy that got his machined in Austin but I'll just have to wait and see the day I need it done.

Out in the Boonies

Last edited:

Rb1boxer_3

It's been awhile well yesterday and today I had been working on the hubs . I put new bearings and seals, also got new studs put on . Took of the old brake shoes they were still good just rusty so I cleaned them up taped everything then painted looks good now. I just need to get a new dust shields, rotors and caliper then I'll be done with that. Then ill be moving onto the TMR shave kit next. 20161117_144018.jpg 20161117_144033.jpg 20161118_202623.jpg 20161118_202609.jpg 20161118_202705.jpg

Out in the Boonies

dannymalkin

Nice progress. My dust shields are trashed, but I can't seem to figure out how to get them off. I was thinking about just cutting them and going without the shield. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rb1boxer_3

Nice progress. My dust shields are trashed, but I can't seem to figure out how to get them off. I was thinking about just cutting them and going without the shield. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app
You gotta beat those studs out just like you do with the wheel hubs. But you'll just reuse them when you get new dust shields. I was trying to figure it out for awhile till I saw a Youtube video.

Out in the Boonies

Rb1boxer_3

Nah I was talking about why does the dust cover matter if you're going to use the parking brake?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Oh yea well there's retainers that hold the brake shoes on the dust shields and to help not get anything else going in there getting stuck or rubing against the hub or rotors.

Out in the Boonies

Rb1boxer_3

Ordered my 14 bolt shave kit. I went with ballistic instead cause they had a really good deal for Black Friday so why not save a couple hundred bucks. I'll be ordering the artec truss in a couple weeks as well. Slowly but surely. :)

Out in the Boonies

Rb1boxer_3

Not to much done but I did get to cut and test fit my shave kit. Gotta suck in that belly and put some new pants on , Now I just need to get it welded. 20161205_093203.jpg 20161205_093120.jpg 20161203_184900.jpg

Out in the Boonies

Rb1boxer_3

Well today I had a Lil time to myself I started cutting the old brackets off. And man am I gonna have a hell of a time. Just the passenger side was enough can't imagine the driver side ehh. Till then. 20170102_173748.jpg

Out in the Boonies

Rb1boxer_3

Finished the rest of the passenger side yesterday when i had time and man its a lot of grinding I know the driver side is gonna be worse, don't know where to start on that part, But that'll come next weekend . FB_IMG_1483910550537.jpeg FB_IMG_1483910798328.jpeg

Out in the Boonies

jkwebbie

Lol I used it as counter weight. I need to take off the calipers and knuckles it was tipping over on the other side with the pumpkin and other weight . It's a 55 ton I think. And 35 ton and 3 ton lol.

Out in the Boonies
I just saw how close you had the stands, mine are on farther apart. One on the short side and the other on the long side so I didn't need a counter weight luckily lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom