Rob Burgundy's 1 ton slooow build

Rb1boxer_3

I just saw how close you had the stands, mine are on farther apart. One on the short side and the other on the long side so I didn't need a counter weight luckily lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah that's how I had it for the passenger side. But not that I need to cut the driver is why I moved it. But I don't think it's gonna work as easy now. I'll find out when I take the knuckles off .

Out in the Boonies

Rb1boxer_3

I got my truss in today from a fellow jeeper who had bought 2. This one is for the front 05 d60. I'll be mocking it up tomorrow :) never been so happy to see a box full of metal. . 20170122_171944.jpg

Out in the Boonies

Rb1boxer_3

Well I got a few things done these past couple of days. I finished taking apart my d60. 20170123_174454.jpg

Had a hard time taking out the shafts since it kept rolling around. It fell and broke both wooden rollers it was on . I then took off the knuckles took out the gears these gears are huge can't wait to get the new ones in.
20170123_165319.jpg
20170124_100143.jpg
20170124_101133.jpg

I started fitting the truss got it on nice and started to weld. Took me all day but it's good .I only welded the main truss haven't done brackets or anything yet cause I dont know what i want to do yet about suspension. I want to do the Evo DTD but If I do the DTD I need to cut out the Coil perches on the driver side cause they'll be in the way of the Coilover mounts. I talked to a 4x4 shop around here to check out the Evo DTD and the Bolt on Coilovers. Since this is gonna be a DD they told me not to bother with the DTD and just do the Bolt Ons for a better ride. Any feed back with that.
20170124_113123.jpg
20170124_113116.jpg
20170202_172108.jpg

The next day I had ordered ball joints from WALMART haha hell 153 compared to 300+ sure why not. I got the knuckles cleaned and pushed the new ones in then painted it red idk why I did I'm thinking of going to another color now cause it's gonna look weird I think. But anyways. I'm not going high steer yet cause I'm trying to save money here and there to get this thing rolling already . 20170202_101411.jpg 20170202_171902.jpg

Then finally today I decided to plasti dip my front grill and make some grill inserts. 2017-02-02+17.55.49.jpg 20170202_175444.jpg

Out in the Boonies

Rb1boxer_3

We'll I got most of my parts in finally. Front and rear gears master installs and Arb lockers. Front diff cover rear tone rings. Just waiting on my rear truss and brake calipers then I'll start setting it up. I started a new job so I'll just have to wait and see when I'll be off. I'll get everything welded on and get the gears done. Then it'll sit till I have enough money to buy rims tires and lift. I'm just glad I'll be done with these 1 tons sooner than expects. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1487729367.380865.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1487729379.617500.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1487729388.222588.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1487729398.790915.jpg

Rb1boxer_3

Haven't posted on here for a while. Still haven't done anything to the axles I got everything in to finish them but just been sitting in the garage. I've been busy with work and stuff. But I did get newly used tires for now so I can go offroading and not worry about getting stuck. I had found some 285s Toyo open country AT and used them for about a week then I stumbled upon a really good deal on some 315s so ended up getting those too and oh how I like it. Makes my Jeep look tough now haha. I just need spacers cause it rubs at full turn. And thinking about getting the Evo level kit. My front end sags too low. View attachment 249503

Sent from my Z812 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rb1boxer_3

Well finally got out this weekend with my oldest and wheeled at Hidden Falls we had fun he was excited about all the scratching and big BUMPS we went over. I'm glad he liked it and wants to go again. Will be heading back out there in May for Wheelers for the Wounded event. This time was a lot better as I didn't get stuck as much only 1 time in the creek . I was really surprised how well I did . I got lost a few times on the trails me and a buddy and ended up doing a couple level 4s and 5s but no biggie it handled everything quite well for no lift or lockers .

Rb1boxer_3

Well I ended up getting rid of my 315s due to driving 80 miles a day now for work and the gas was killing me with 3.21s. I traded for some willys take offs. I got my mpg back and my jeep looks good. Then the next day I ended up getting 2" spacers. Lol. I ordered some new lug nuts cause my stockers where damaged from the trip before. Got everything done and it looks good. Before 20170427_140450.jpg after 20170427_150722.jpg 20170428_195608.jpg and all clean now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rb1boxer_3

Great build. Can't wait to see the one tons under it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I know me too. They're just waiting in the garage to get finished just haven't had time with switching to a new job.
And, with tons under it and those tires, you'll probably never have to worry about breaking a shaft lol
Saving money all over!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Haha for real fingers crossed.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well I ended up getting rid of my 315s due to driving 80 miles a day now for work and the gas was killing me with 3.21s. I traded for some willys take offs. I got my mpg back and my jeep looks good. Then the next day I ended up getting 2" spacers. Lol. I ordered some new lug nuts cause my stockers where damaged from the trip before. Got everything done and it looks good. Before View attachment 255976 after

and all clean now.

For commuting 80 miles a day, I think you made the right decision. Still looks clean too.

Rb1boxer_3

Well yesterday was a sad day in the jeep world. I was driving to work and it was raining a car tried passing an 18 wheeler on the on ramp and lost control and came into my lane. I swerved to miss it but ended up hitting him on the rear and all my driver side got damaged. Then this sorry SOB took off I was able to get the license plate. I ended up being able to pull off the highway into a near by parking lot. I called the cops and waited while I assesed the damage and I put my spare on and tried to drive and noticed it wobbling and my tires are pointing outward so I had it towed to a service center. So far what I saw was the fenders front metal fender both driver doors the b piller and the rear quarter panel and either the tie rod or axle. 20170530_161450.jpg 20170530_161426.jpg 20170530_191711.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
That really sucks, man. People really suck sometimes. Hope the cops catch that sorry bastard and his insurance pays up.

Top Bottom