steel or alloy

nknacd

I currently have ATX Slots and they look horrible as most of the fake bead locks have been rubbed off by rocks and other things. I've been looking at PRO COMP 97 SERIES STEEL WHEEL 17X9 to replace them but was wondering if its worth it or if I should go with alloy wheels?

Mr.Green

In my opinion, steel wheels are more durable than the alloy wheels. However if you're going for looks alone in my opinion alloy are some of the best looking Wheels. I myself and looking at the pro comp 52 series ,I believe, in the 17 by 9 inch.

MonkeyJunk

What Mr. Green said. I have always been told steel wheels offroad and alloy on street. If you break an alloy wheel on the trail you're done for. A dented steel wheel may be able to be beaten somewhat straight. And as Mr. Green said, you have more options looks wise in alloy. I keep a set with aggressive tread on a set of steel wheels for the trail and an alloy set with All Terrains for street.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Quality alloys bend. Cheap ones shatter. If you've got the coin a good set of alloys will handle a lot more abuse than steel wheels without bending.

If you want a cheap set of wheels get steel and carry a ball pein hammer

Top Bottom