Local trail...Hunter Lake

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Could have very well been triggered by a vehicle. I know Sharkey made a good call recommending that we stay out of an area that had some pretty dry grass.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
A surprising number of fires get started in Nevada every year by careless drivers and shooters. People seem to forget that hot exhausts will light up dry grass in a heartbeat.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
A surprising number of fires get started in Nevada every year by careless drivers and shooters. People seem to forget that hot exhausts will light up dry grass in a heartbeat.

Allow me to correct you Sharkey, shooters using steel core ammo shooting at rocks near dry brush/grass. I have been out more times than I can count, not one spark ever. Just to clarify, not all shooters are irresponsible, just the same for Jeepers.

It was a good call to not drive over the grass with out hot exhausts. Glad I am around responsible and respectful friends like you guys.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Allow me to correct you Sharkey, shooters using steel core ammo shooting at rocks near dry brush/grass. I have been out more times than I can count, not one spark ever. Just to clarify, not all shooters are irresponsible, just the same for Jeepers.

It was a good call to not drive over the grass with out hot exhausts. Glad I am around responsible and respectful friends like you guys.

Yes, I meant for the "careless" to apply to both drivers and shooters. I have zero issues with shooting. I just wish the yahoos would be more careful of what they shoot and where, and that they would pick up their brass and their targets. Just like careless drivers, the few can ruin it for the rest of us.

TRLJNKY

Its also why spark arrestors are so important when riding trails for dirtbikes, atv's, etc but you would be surprised to see how many dont have them.

Top Bottom