Today starts a new chapter!

Speeddmn

My wife and I have been living above our means for quite some time. We have always made sure needs come first but the wants have always seemed to take over before savings.

That all ends today! We have been working non stop on our house and today a professional comes to take pictures so we can list it! The market in our area is way to great to not miss it. If we sell at our intended listing price we stand to make 61-63k profit, this is after fees and everything.

For once in the almost 11 years we have been married we can put a good chunk of this back into savings, plus save us the 800 and change we pay to debt every month.

Anyways, I am excited! If all goes well, we will be grilling some steaks and lobster on friday looking and deciding what offer to accept! Oooh maybe a bidding war! Seriously, homes around me are typically on the market 48 hrs before offers are accepted!

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

Congrats! Debt sucks so good for you for turning over a new leaf. What's the plan for housing after selling? My friends could all make awesome profits on their homes too but then they'd have no place to live.

Speeddmn

Congrats! Debt sucks so good for you for turning over a new leaf. What's the plan for housing after selling? My friends could all make awesome profits on their homes too but then they'd have no place to live.

We will move onto base here at Hill, we will pay basically the same amount, save a bucks extra every week on the commute. I retire from the good old AF in two years, Id like to have the jeep paid off again! Haha and my camper closer to market value! Jeep should be paid off by tax season next year so that is even more savings. Wife should pick up extra hours at work also.

Jeep parts are in order, not much. New winch, cb and progrips. Plus 40k mile complete tune up!

I'm also on the wear bars for tires on my pickup so those are in order also.

Speeddmn

Our house has been on the market for less then 24 hours and we already have 3 shows today. Hopefully we will have an offer out of those three! Nervous and excited all at once!

My wife and i stopped looking at houses because everyone we looked at turned into a bidding war right after it listed. one we really liked had 11 offers in 3 days. now we are saving to build.

Top Bottom