ThatAmericanXJ Build

GatorSchop

I have been looking through my photos of the things I have done on my XJ. So I decided to start a build thread.

Here are a couple pictures of the things I have already done to my jeep:

Right after I put the lift and fender flares on.
IMG_5723.jpg

Repainted the rear axle
axle before.jpg
axle after.jpg

Removed the Carpet to Rhinoline or LineX the whole thing
Carpet Romoved.jpg

Changed the Interior lighting to LED lighting.
Interior LEd Lighting.jpg

Built a custom CB Radio/Switch Box
CB-Switch Box1.jpg
CBSwitch Box.jpg

Painted THE Colors on the Grill
Murica.jpg

Cut the Front Bumper
Front Bump Cut.jpg

Found a Roof Rack at the Local Junk Yard
Roof Rack1.jpg

Added an Axe and Shovel
Roof Rack2.jpg
Roof Rack3.jpg

In the Works of Making an Extra set of Front Doors into Baja Doors
2 Begining.jpg
2 Cut.jpg
2-1.jpg
2-2.jpg
2-3.jpg
2-4.jpg
Still needs to be grinded down and painted but almost finished.
2 Finished.jpg

GatorSchop

I Also installed a Smittybilt XRC Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier but for some reason the computer wouldn't let me upload the pictures. So I just added them here.
Rear Smittybilt XRC1.jpg
Rear Smittybilt XRC2.jpg

Relocated the license plate and wired in some LEDs for Plate Lights
Rear Smittybilt XRC3.jpg

Also looking into making an OnBoard Air System out of my A/C Condensor.
OnBoard Air1.jpg
OnBoard Air2.jpg

I also have some plans for securing the Pelican Case and Tool Box to the rear Cargo area. Stay Tuned for that.

REMEMBER!!

IF YOU CANT DUCT IT, F#@K IT!
Quick Fix.jpg

GatorSchop

You are making it your own and I like that! Keep it going!

So many possibilities with the metal body and available parts. With just enough room for customization as well!

That's why I love the XJs. Also because they are cheaper to get ahold of too

GatorSchop

Finally fixed that duct tape job after 4 months... Haha
image.jpg

Next up on my list is to sand down this rust and see what needs to be patched up. This is under the carpet on the driver side foot well. The passenger side has about a quarter of this amount. I plan on Line-X'in the whole inside on the floor boards. Also going to replace the plastics along the inside with metal and Lone-X that as well. Photos to follow.
image.jpg

GatorSchop

Had to cut out the whole left side of the driver side foot well due to rust. Going to patch it with some new steel then rhino line the whole interior. image.jpg

Gutted the whole thing also. Along with all the plastics. Thinking of keeping them off and making metal liners down along the bottom so I can rhino line this as well. I also have a couple ideas for the rear inside quarter panels. image.jpg

GatorSchop

Hey guys. Sorry I have not posted any updates. Been busy.

So since the last update I finished the hole in my floor board.
image.jpg

I also finished the bedliner in the front.
image.jpg

Some of the bolts on the bottom of the front seats got rusted and broke off the bolt on them. So I welded some nuts to washers then welded those to the floor board so it lays flat.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Joshman3280

Looking good! What a inspiration to me and my slow going xj build. I really like what you did with the grill. I am on the west coast but have acquired a east coast jeep with some rust issues are there any company's that offer aftermarket body panels and parts?

GatorSchop

I also cut and folded the rear quarter panels due to rust issues.
image.jpg

I fixed the wheel wells in the rear due to my young dumb self cutting too high.
image.jpg

I recut the front fenders as well.
image.jpg

Quick reminder. This is why you wear safety gear. (Face mask in particular)
image.jpg

GatorSchop

Made a new center console bracket sense I broke mine when I pulled it out.
image.jpg

I had to get a new NSS (Nuetral Safety Switch) since I broke the stock one when I was pulling it out.
I tend to do that a lot... Haha
image.jpg

Wrapped the steering wheel in 550 paracord because the 17 year old rubber on the wheel is starting to get sticky on hot days.
image.jpg

Fabricated a storage box to hold all of my extra crap laying in the jeep. Also something to strap my tool box to in order to stop it from sliding/flying around on the trail.
image.jpg
image.jpg

GatorSchop

So I am going to make my own version of a sPod. Not going to be as high tech but I don't got the money to get the real deal. So this is more like a fPod.

This is essentially what it will look like. But mine will be inside a box under the hood on the battery side. I did have all of my lights wires running through the grommet in the firewall where the steering wheel linkage comes through and that is where the leak was coming from that rusted my floor board..... So I am going to just have one hole for the power to the switches just like the sPod.
Total cost will be about $160 from Amazon on all of the pieces.
IMG_6590.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
It only cost me $3000 for it. And if anything ever happens to it i can get another for about $2000. Probably the best reason why i went with the XJ haha

I understand that. Same reasoning here with the WJ. And most parts can transfer over if I had to get another one. :thumb:

GatorSchop

The to-do list is getting a little smaller. Coming along pretty well.

IMG_7738.jpg

Someone got a little hurt that I wrote "build sPod" on here and went and tagged sPod on my IG account. What is wrong with making my own version? It is not going to look anything like it I just like the idea behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
The to-do list is getting a little smaller. Coming along pretty well.

Someone got a little hurt that I wrote "build sPod" on here and went and tagged sPod on my IG account. What is wrong with making my own version? It is not going to look anything like it I just like the idea behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Spod isn't thought highly of around here. They got caught trying to solicit here undercover. So regardless of the product, the company ethics aren't the strongest. Here's the thread:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?15125-sPOD-Honesty-Integrity-and-the-Lack-Thereof

Top Bottom