Security for your topless jku

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Tuffy Security deck here as well - butts up to the tailgate and is effectively locked when the tailgate is closed and locked.

I got the same one. It works but I'm debating about getting the other one that the top opens up on.

I have the tuffy deck as well, but was a little upset with myself not doing much research. I cant mount my arb fridge on it the way I wanted.

live and learn. I just have to rethink my thinking.

Did you get the cheaper version?

scull20

For those who may be curious. There is just about 17" of clearance from the rear floor of the jeep to the underside of the new Tuffy security deck.

DemCoconuts

I built a security deck out of some good 3/4" MDF I had kicking around. Working great so far, even as a prototype version. Considered the metal ones, but this one cost me all of $50 CAD and some time, and so far is doing the same thing.

My jeep has been broken into multiple times and they still haven't gotten anything. The tuffy security deck, center console, and glove box work great for me.

It also depends on where you park your jeep. ( I'm screwed because of a massive amount of tourists where I work. Las Vegas strip)

Last edited:

HardRock87

Are these deck covers easy to take on and off if I need to? I have 2 dogs that I travel with sometimes, and when they are with me. I certainly don't need a deck lock to protect my stuff. Plus they will be in the back.

scull20

Are these deck covers easy to take on and off if I need to? I have 2 dogs that I travel with sometimes, and when they are with me. I certainly don't need a deck lock to protect my stuff. Plus they will be in the back.

The top comes off of mine in 5 seconds. The three side walls are more difficult to remove. If you've got two small dogs, you should be ok.

HardRock87

The top comes off of mine in 5 seconds. The three side walls are more difficult to remove. If you've got two small dogs, you should be ok.

I have two large black Labs, Dory and Chance. Dory is on the left and Chance is on the right.

11880335_10153205942324353_710865403228791587_n.png
12039696_10153624243704353_307343685642282884_n.jpg

Last edited:

scull20

I have to large black Labs, Dory and Chance. Dory is on the left and Chance is on the right.

View attachment 209740
View attachment 209738

Great looking dogs! You're in the same boat as me...I've got a golden retriever coming in at about 105-110 lbs. The new security deck from Tuffy has two brackets that bolt down to the tub using the same bolts that hold the tie down loops down on the left and right floor. There are two side walls that attach to this, and then the front wall by the back seats attach to the two side walls. While it is all mostly bolted together with hand tightened knobs, the overall assembly is not quick/easy enough to warrant hand knobs. So you're left just pulling the top off...which is very easy and is hardware free. With the side walls and front walls remaining, you'll lose some room in the back. I was thinking about cutting a slit down a pool noodle and slipping it over the top edge of the walls that remain after the top is off. That way the pooch won't hit anything while moving around back there.

HardRock87

Great looking dogs! You're in the same boat as me...I've got a golden retriever coming in at about 105-110 lbs. The new security deck from Tuffy has two brackets that bolt down to the tub using the same bolts that hold the tie down loops down on the left and right floor. There are two side walls that attach to this, and then the front wall by the back seats attach to the two side walls. While it is all mostly bolted together with hand tightened knobs, the overall assembly is not quick/easy enough to warrant hand knobs. So you're left just pulling the top off...which is very easy and is hardware free. With the side walls and front walls remaining, you'll lose some room in the back. I was thinking about cutting a slit down a pool noodle and slipping it over the top edge of the walls that remain after the top is off. That way the pooch won't hit anything while moving around back there.

I love labs! Bitchen dogs.

Thanks guys. Yeah those are our kids. They pretty much go everywhere we go. One reason why I was asking about security when they aren't with me. I may build something out of nautical wood. There's always a way with a Jeep lol.

vdog0531

That's a great idea about the padding on the top. I have the under seat boxes in my jku and the tuffy 326 will be here on wend this week. I have a 100 pound lab but he rides in the middle seat or the front seat a majority of the time, but if he ever needed to be in the back, I like the idea of that padding when the lid is removed.

HoosierWolf

No pictures but I have a deck I built. I need to redo it so it butts up against the back gate like the Tuffy. Also have a Tuffy security box under the drivers seat and a pistol holster mounted under the steering column.

Obviously I don't leave the pistol in the holster but I figure in same cases, if they know what the holster is, that it may be a bit a deterrent on its own.

Murfphy

I have the tuffy deck as well, but was a little upset with myself not doing much research. I cant mount my arb fridge on it the way I wanted.

live and learn. I just have to rethink my thinking.

Old thread but I wanted to know at to why can't you mount your arb fridge to the deck? I was looking into using this to do just that.

scull20

Old thread but I wanted to know at to why can't you mount your arb fridge to the deck? I was looking into using this to do just that.

Depends on the deck itself.

The new style security enclosure has a "floating" lid that slides front/back to lock and unlock. It's not bolted down at all. Anything you put up too should be fastened down to the jeep itself, and not to the deck/enclosure.

The old style security enclosures are designed differently and allow for securing items to the lid itself.

Top Bottom