jagrubb99's billet silver

jagrubb99

So as I patiently await my recent order from qtec, I feel it is appropriate to finally start my own build thread. Being that I'm young and about to start school, this will by no means be anything outrageous, but I do enjoy everything about this community and look forward to sharing more.

As far as the jeep goes, my 2015 2 door JK has a 2" Rough Country BB with 33" Toyo Open Country A/T II's. As of this week, i placed an order through quadratec consisting of a LoD signature series shorty front bumper and a 9k lb. qtec winch w/ synthetic line. I understand I may be gambling with the winch, but the guys on the forum I've seen who run them haven't had problems with them. If it does fail then it is my own fault for not waiting to get a warn in the first place. Anyways the bumper and winch should be in toward the end of this week/beginning of next and I can't wait! Looking forward to learning more about Jeeping in the future and I couldn't be happier to be a member of this awesome community.

Napalm

Looking forward to seeing your impressions on the winch, and the build of your billet silver. I know the struggles of a budget build, but it does all make it worth it in the end.

Subscribing!

jagrubb99

Looking forward to seeing your impressions on the winch, and the build of your billet silver. I know the struggles of a budget build, but it does all make it worth it in the end.

Subscribing!

Thank you! Nice color btw;) Man you take some awesome pictures!

jagrubb99

Well, the last piece of my order that i have been waiting on finally arrived yesterday. My LoD signature series shorty front bumper was packaged extremely well and arrived in great condition. Now I can't wait for the weekend to install everything!

Apologize for the picture quality, i could only get one on my phone at the moment. I will post more pics with it all installed later this weekend:thumbup:

Attachments

• 1468961666927.jpg
    1468961666927.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 101

jagrubb99

Found some time to get everything installed this afternoon. After installing it all, im so glad i went with this bumper, it gives the Jeep a whole new look. Now i cant wait to test out the winch. I will have to find some time another day to pretension the synthetic line on the winch. Overall extremely happy with how it all turned out though. I will attatch a couple pics i was able to get during the install.

Attachments

• 1469245051473.jpg
    1469245051473.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 1469245081958.jpg
    1469245081958.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 97

Napalm

Found some time to get everything installed this afternoon. After installing it all, im so glad i went with this bumper, it gives the Jeep a whole new look. Now i cant wait to test out the winch. I will have to find some time another day to pretension the synthetic line on the winch. Overall extremely happy with how it all turned out though. I will attatch a couple pics i was able to get during the install.

Looks great! Interested to hear your thoughts about the winch. I've been considering that one!

jagrubb99

Not much as of late, I haven't had a chance to really test out the winch other than a few tugs for some people who needed a little assistance. It is still holding its own. In other news, over the last week or so, i have been researching different locking storage options for the back of the Jeep. Being that i have a 2 door, there is not much space behind the rear seat, but i would like to have a way to keep the area secure for times when i have the top down, etc. I got to looking around at several build threads, the main one being Sharkey's and decided that was the route I wanted to go for this project (Sharkey, your deck looks great and i hope you dont mind me using a few of your ideas as I build mine). Anyways, I needed to keep my rear seat functional, so I am basically building the deck around the back of the rear seats. I am making it to where the seat can be folded all the way up, layed flat, or used for passengers. This afternoon i took some time to draw out a design, take some measurements, and eventually began cutting some templates out of cardboard. For no bigger than the deck/compartment is, my plan is to use just 1/2 inch plywood. I measured the surface of the deck to be right at 10 inches off the floor, which is good enough for me to fit the objects I carry with me in the jeep daily (jumper cables, small set of sockets, blocks of wood for the factory jack, flashlight, tow strap, etc) in the small spaces outboard of the supports. Also, it just so happens to be the height of the seat when it is layed flat, so that should work out well. Sorry for the quality as these were just captured on my phone and i will take better ones as this project gets closer to completion, but here is a picture of what i have so far. Hopefully it turns out as well as it looks in my mind...

Attachments

• 1474250843499.jpg
    1474250843499.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 74
Top Bottom