unofficial Hidden Falls run Sept 30-Oct 2

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
wow what a week ... made it home yesterday afternoon and plopped right in the bed .. while I didn't take much for pictures I did have my virb going just about the entire time at HF while on the trail , all driver perspective stuff , have to sort through it all pair up the data for the gmetrix info before loading any of it up .. but for those interested here ya go .... DSC_3684.jpg DSC_3686.jpg DSC_3689.jpg DSC_3691.jpg DSC_3696.jpg DSC_3699.jpg .................
I can honestly say the slightly less experienced group did quite well ... being perhaps the most experienced of the bunch I was expecting a few questions along the way and surprisingly only a couple were asked so thumbs up there :thumb::thumb: being my first time out to HF itself i can say the trails were a blast to run on ...
as it isn't to far off it is a place i can manage to do when my weekends off roll around and will be heading back to learn my way around it a bit more as well as challenge myself on the various trails ...my only regret was not taking a few shots of the obstacle i followed Patrick up on the way out from the tower back to camp ... after watching several rigs getting stuck on it and having to give it a couple trys while there for the lunch break and popping right up and over it without any trouble was a good feeling ...
for the most part i have just about always ran solo so it was a pleasure to run with a group for a change ...and look forward to any future chances to do so ...

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
wow what a week ... made it home yesterday afternoon and plopped right in the bed .. while I didn't take much for pictures I did have my virb going just about the entire time at HF while on the trail , all driver perspective stuff , have to sort through it all pair up the data for the gmetrix info before loading any of it up .. but for those interested here ya go .... View attachment 225908 View attachment 225909 View attachment 225910 View attachment 225911 View attachment 225912 View attachment 225913 .................
I can honestly say the slightly less experienced group did quite well ... being perhaps the most experienced of the bunch I was expecting a few questions along the way and surprisingly only a couple were asked so thumbs up there :thumb::thumb: being my first time out to HF itself i can say the trails were a blast to run on ...
as it isn't to far off it is a place i can manage to do when my weekends off roll around and will be heading back to learn my way around it a bit more as well as challenge myself on the various trails ...my only regret was not taking a few shots of the obstacle i followed Patrick up on the way out from the tower back to camp ... after watching several rigs getting stuck on it and having to give it a couple trys while there for the lunch break and popping right up and over it without any trouble was a good feeling ...
for the most part i have just about always ran solo so it was a pleasure to run with a group for a change ...and look forward to any future chances to do so ...

Great photos, and great to meet you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Great photos, and great to meet you.

likewise for sure , gonna pull a few stills off the videos as well ... looks like everyone got a good selection of shots nice to see em going up for sure .... almost makes me wish i could do the official run but work that weekend so not able to but may run out the last weekend of the month .. haven't made up my mind yet

Angry Aussie

likewise for sure , gonna pull a few stills off the videos as well ... looks like everyone got a good selection of shots nice to see em going up for sure .... almost makes me wish i could do the official run but work that weekend so not able to but may run out the last weekend of the month .. haven't made up my mind yet

If you do go out the last weekend of the month let me know I could meet you out there. I'm only an hour from the park.

Willys_ATX

It was so great to meet everyone. Even though Saturday was cut short for us we still had a good time. We won't be able to make it for the official run but I could come out that Sunday if anyone wants to wheel on Sunday.

If anyone ever wants to go to hidden falls let me know, I only live an hour from the park and I'm always down to wheel. So if you can't get anyone to go with you or don't know your way around let me know and there's a good chance we can meet you out there.

The next time there's a camping trip count us in we were sad we missed the chance to camp this past weekend.

I live right around downtown Austin. New to WAL but love going out to HF. Will make sure to let you know next time I head out. I missed this run but will be at the official next week.

Angry Aussie

I live right around downtown Austin. New to WAL but love going out to HF. Will make sure to let you know next time I head out. I missed this run but will be at the official next week.

Hit me up anytime y'all go out there I'm usually down for a run. Sadly parts of the park are getting so blown out that some of the trails aren't even fun anymore. But there a still quite a few that are awesome. It just blows my mind the last few times I've gone out how bad some of them have gotten. But I still love going.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Just now seeing this. My spot wasn't this one. I was along a fence but not this one.

Correct,

this Obstacle, on the fenceline side, before the last round of hard rains. *I had to check the background of the pic to be sure, but this is the spot :thumb:

Top Bottom