Transfer case 2011 wrangler sport

Trailjunkies

I need to replace my transfer case and the parts dealer who sells them for all vehicles has two choices for a 2011 wrangler. They both include different part numbers and one has an extended title of "rock-trac". The parts dealer told me I would have to call dealership and ask which I needed. I called the dealership and asked which one I need, they say they have no idea what a rock-trac t-case is. Can someone help me find the correct t-case. Thanks

jagrubb99

Rock trac may be the rubicon t-case? I've never heard it called a rock trac though. The rubicon has a better gear ratio than the sport t-case

Speeddmn

I need to replace my transfer case and the parts dealer who sells them for all vehicles has two choices for a 2011 wrangler. They both include different part numbers and one has an extended title of "rock-trac". The parts dealer told me I would have to call dealership and ask which I needed. I called the dealership and asked which one I need, they say they have no idea what a rock-trac t-case is. Can someone help me find the correct t-case. Thanks

Yes the "Rock-Trac" is the transfer case for a Rubicon model. For your sport you will need the other one, unless you wants the better transfer case and reprogram the computer plus a few other do-dads.

Trailjunkies

Thanks for the info. I was thinking the same thing. There's about a $1000 difference between the two and when I Google rock trac for wranglers they specifically say "Rubicon rock trac" aka "command track".

IgotaWoody39

Thanks for the info. I was thinking the same thing. There's about a $1000 difference between the two and when I Google rock trac for wranglers they specifically say "Rubicon rock trac" aka "command track".
The Command trac is used on the sport models & is different from the rock trac which is used on the rubi only...not sure what the sahara is using, select trac maybe ?? .....

Top Bottom