beleive it or not!

I used to drive the I-95 from North Philly south to the airport and back every day. Had number 3 windshield for less than a week before it was cracked and replaced for the fourth one. I moved. And while my current one has a chip, it's been well over a year since my last windshield.

trailless

Caught the Bug
I have 36k miles on the original windshield! I drive on I-75, I-85, I-285 on a daily basis. I've had some loud hits but no cracks or chips...

Watch, I'm going to get a crack tomorrow...

Lukasavage

I thought a windshield with no chip was an upgrade from the factory. Also, don't they suggest replacing your windshield every 3,000 miles like an oil change? I mean it's bound to break between that time!!! I wonder if the new 2017-18 JL and the "anticipated" windshield angle change, has anything to do with the fact that Jeeps always break their glass. Hell, if that is the case, the auto glass industry may go out of business.

Lukasavage

I thought a windshield with no chip was an upgrade from the factory. Also, don't they suggest replacing your windshield every 3,000 miles like an oil change? I mean it's bound to break between that time!!! I wonder if the new 2017-18 JL and the "anticipated" windshield angle change, has anything to do with the fact that Jeeps always break their glass. Hell, if that is the case, the auto glass industry may go out of business.

Crap, I forgot one more thing.... Instead of paying for a new windshield every 3,000 miles with your oil change, make the upfront investment and buy about 60 or so iPhone screen protectors. The ones that claim to be the tempered glass. Stick them all over your windshield. Next time a rock hits you, pull off the little square and replace. You will look like an ass driving down the road, but replacement costs will only be around $1.50... Sorry all, I think I have gotten wayyy more enjoyment out of this post than I should have. 12,000 and windshield #2

Hot94Z28

Need to change mine now, just happened this last winter while wheeling, it just cracked. I am guessing from a chip and it lasted almost 3 years and 40,000 miles.

Stone_JKUR

Going on 80000 miles, and I've gone through 2 already. The dealer I bought the jeep from said the previous owner cracked 2 and lost 1 somehow.

Top Bottom