Skellington's Upgrade list

HardRock87

The Intermediate group is really setup so that a stock rubi can do it, but with a challenge. My suggestion would be to run in the beginner group on Friday to get used to things. That group will then run intermediate on Saturday.

Ok cool. Well sign me up for a maybe most likely lol. It's really going to be if I can get my CB. I meet all the other qualifications.

thardy

Banned
Ok cool. Well sign me up for a maybe most likely lol. It's really going to be if I can get my CB. I meet all the other qualifications.

If that's the only thing keeping you from coming, you can use my handheld! I'll add you to the maybe list.

swampdog

Never heard from the craigslist guy, but found the exact CB on eBay. Just have to get my antenna and mount.

Any reason not to buy it new on Amazon or something? With the plans you have for this rig, seems like a weird place to cut corners.

HardRock87

Any reason not to buy it new on Amazon or something? With the plans you have for this rig, seems like a weird place to cut corners.

They are a reputable dealer. Amazon, and Cobra both were more. Plus it comes with a 60 day return policy if I decide I don't like it.

Andy5160

Hooked
I have the same toy as yours only 2014
Got Rubicon Express standard coil 3.5 lift installed about a month ago with stock control arms and DS no cam bolts which come with the kit.No issues so far no vibration at all considering 35 Toyo's.Already tested on the trail.
Have the same CB as you were looking into,works fine no issues.
The set up i have works great for me.See if you like it
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

HardRock87

I have the same toy as yours only 2014
Got Rubicon Express standard coil 3.5 lift installed about a month ago with stock control arms and DS no cam bolts which come with the kit.No issues so far no vibration at all considering 35 Toyo's.Already tested on the trail.
Have the same CB as you were looking into,works fine no issues.
The set up i have works great for me.See if you like it
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

What antenna did you get? I got the Cobra 21" CB Radio Antenna with Magnetic Mount for my first antenna. I figured it would work for my first antenna. Plan on mounting it up front just above the hood near the windshield on the passenger side.

Last edited:

HardRock87

So the colors that we like are Black, Red, Orange,Yellow, Lime, or Blue.

IMG_1419.jpg
IMG_1420.jpg

On a side note. I plan on buying all those colors listed above, but wasn't sure what color to buy first.

What color do you guys think should be Jack's first hat?

Last edited:

HardRock87

Update on Jack's upgrades. The Cobra antenna was complete crap. I will be returning it. My best friend, Tigger (her Jeep name) gave me a Firestik KW4 that she won in a contest. We mounted it on to the third brake light sense mine is steel. I am just waiting on a Firestik heavy duty spring and antenna cable that I ordered.

I was looking at lifts again and would like your opinions on the Rubicon Express 2.5 Inch Suspension Lift Kit with Twin Tube Shocks. I've seen people on here running Rubicon Express lifts, and wanted to know if they are a good company for someone not doing too much hardcore running. I really like the EVO MFG 3″ ENFORCER but it's coming down to cost right now. Should I wait, save my money, and get the EVO or go ahead and get the Rubicon Express?

As always, all opinions are welcome.

TennJK

Personally I am very glad I saved for the enforcer. It has a great ride quality (completely personal opinion). You do step into more upgrades by doing the 3" lift that you should be aware of. Driveshafts, control arms, draglink flip, etc. But all in all I am very happy with the enforcer.

HardRock87

Personally I am very glad I saved for the enforcer. It has a great ride quality (completely personal opinion). You do step into more upgrades by doing the 3" lift that you should be aware of. Driveshafts, control arms, draglink flip, etc. But all in all I am very happy with the enforcer.

Like I said earlier in this post. I am new to all of this. So that leads me to this question. Why do you have to change out the driveshafts with a 3" lift? Also what all is needed to be changed out with a larger lift?

GraniteCrystal

Like I said earlier in this post. I am new to all of this. So that leads me to this question. Why do you have to change out the driveshafts with a 3" lift? Also what all is needed to be changed out with a larger lift?

My understanding is that it's thinner (so better clearance, no rubbing issues on exhaust) and stronger. I'm looking at doing something similar to my Jeep, but hoping to go to 37s. All the guys on 37s will tell you they wish they'd just gone straight to that rather than building it twice: once for 35s and then again for 37s.

TennJK

A new driveshaft is needed for that much lift because when you lift the vehicle, the angle of the driveshaft causes the boot to get snagged and tear. After the boot is torn, there's no telling how long it will be before the driveshaft fails. I went with a 1310 driveshaft because of increased clearance and I don't see myself going to 37s anytime soon. You will also need extended brake lines, adjustable front lower control arms, and you would start thinking of a draglink flip. The front lower control arms allow you to correct your caster after the lift. The enforcer comes with everything you need minus a front driveshaft and shocks.

WJCO

Meme King

My understanding is that it's thinner (so better clearance, no rubbing issues on exhaust) and stronger. I'm looking at doing something similar to my Jeep, but hoping to go to 37s. All the guys on 37s will tell you they wish they'd just gone straight to that rather than building it twice: once for 35s and then again for 37s.

A new driveshaft is needed for that much lift because when you lift the vehicle, the angle of the driveshaft causes the boot to get snagged and tear. After the boot is torn, there's no telling how long it will be before the driveshaft fails. I went with a 1310 driveshaft because of increased clearance and I don't see myself going to 37s anytime soon. You will also need extended brake lines, adjustable front lower control arms, and you would start thinking of a draglink flip. The front lower control arms allow you to correct your caster after the lift. The enforcer comes with everything you need minus a front driveshaft and shocks.

The drive shaft upgrade will have ujoints instead of a rzeppa joint. The design eliminates the boot problem stated above.

HardRock87

Can your elaborate more on the ETC part? I'm trying to put an exact parts list needed. So from what you said earlier. I need a drive shaft, drag link flip, and control arm. Is that all needed even if I get the EVO 3" lift?

TennJK

Can your elaborate more on the ETC part? I'm trying to put an exact parts list needed. So from what you said earlier. I need a drive shaft, drag link flip, and control arm. Is that all needed even if I get the EVO 3" lift?

What you should do is go with the full enforcer kit and it'll come with everything you need except shocks[emoji106]🏼. I personally haven't done the draglink flip, but will soon. If you're on a more tight budget, don't order the draglink flip. My steering doesn't bother me a bit. But definitely something that I will attend to.

HardRock87

What you should do is go with the full enforcer kit and it'll come with everything you need except shocks[emoji106]🏼. I personally haven't done the draglink flip, but will soon. If you're on a more tight budget, don't order the draglink flip. My steering doesn't bother me a bit. But definitely something that I will attend to.

Awesome thanks for all the assistance. I'm trying to do all the research on my own but something are hard to google some things without know what to google.

So this is the kit that I want. EVO 4" Enforcer

Here is an Evo draglink Flip

Any recommendations on a driveshaft?

Last edited:
Top Bottom