RaccøønJK - Jeep Wrangler JK 2DR 2015 - The Story, Build & Brainstorm Project

WJCO

Meme King
Here, the regear thread I started a couple of weeks back : http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=38128

Seems like the general consensus of that thread was more about the power ratio of the gears compared to tire size and not the strength of the gears compared to the load/strain put on them. Also it sounded like from that thread that you would be running 35s. 37 is a lot of tire for that axle, especially with smaller gears.

BenJKWrangler15

Seems like the general consensus of that thread was more about the power ratio of the gears compared to tire size and not the strength of the gears compared to the load/strain put on them. Also it sounded like from that thread that you would be running 35s. 37 is a lot of tire for that axle, especially with smaller gears.

Sure is. Anyways, this multi-phases mod will be further down the road. Estimating it to 2018, 2019. Maybe I'll find a used D44 by then. Time will tell but for now this is what I had in mind.

BenJKWrangler15

You're kinda right - anyways, that's for another time but to take into consideration

Okay, just FYI. Don't run anything larger than 35's on that front dana 30 unless you want to kill it. And if you're going to wheel your rig moderately hard, then you're going to want to put in front chromoly full circle shafts and c gussets to reinforce it...then save up for your 60's if you must. And regearing, yea, just refer to that chart...you'll settle somewhere around that 4.10/4.56 range.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I did and I can't find nothing around me or remotely close to me.

Sure looks tiny, but I've been highly recommended 4.88's in terms of performance and fiability. Thinking about having them cryogenically threated too once I'm ready for it. Should strenghten the whole ring and pinions assembly - anyways, the weak point will always be ring and pinions anyways, no matter what Dana you have. Sure it'd be a lot less encline to give up but we'll see how it all holds up.

Where exactly do you get your information? It's not accurate.

WJCO

Meme King
It's obvious you take pride in you jeep. It would suck for you to spend all that money and then have it break and not be drive able. Do it once and do it right.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The fiability part or the crio part?

Well, it's what I had - de toute façon, c'est pas pour tout de suite alors y me reste du temps pour décider ce que je vais faire.

I didn't understand a word you said the whole time.

Yeah you sound like a dog with peanut butter on the roof of its mouth.

Did you eat some peanut butter or something?

Kyle7R

I didn't understand a word you said the whole time.

Yeah you sound like a dog with peanut butter on the roof of its mouth.

Did you eat some peanut butter or something?

In the words of the late great Colonel Sanders, "I'm too drunk, to taste this chicken" :crazyeyes::crazyeyes:

BenJKWrangler15

You forgot the Nitto Exo Grappler. Worth comparing anyway.

Never heard of it. I looked it up, seems legit but don't have any feedback on that one. I, myself, own 33" General Gabber AT2 and I just love them. I'd go the same route again when it's time to upgrade but they don't make it in 37's. So the BFGoodrich AT KO2 is my second prime choice since the thread pattern is similar to the AT2 and I can't complain about it, it does it's job and it does it good.

I also had the chance to experience the well prized Wrangler Duratrack but haven't loved them as much as the AT2 on snow and ice during Quebec winters. So I ended up getting the AT2 and they kept me on track all winter, even in the worst conditions.

Hell, one night me and my buddy were traveling from Montreal to Ottawa and it was a real shit show! Saw at least 10 accidents on the way there and we both had to drive really carrefuly since there was freezing rain falling from up above and the temperature was like -30 degrees Celsius. Let me tell you it was one hell of a drive, a real ice highway to Hell. Took us 3 hours to get to Ottawa instead of the usual 1h.

Good times! XD

christov11

Never heard of it. I looked it up, seems legit but don't have any feedback on that one. I, myself, own 33" General Gabber AT2 and I just love them. I'd go the same route again when it's time to upgrade but they don't make it in 37's. So the BFGoodrich AT KO2 is my second prime choice since the thread pattern is similar to the AT2 and I can't complain about it, it does it's job and it does it good.

I also had the chance to experience the well prized Wrangler Duratrack but haven't loved them as much as the AT2 on snow and ice during Quebec winters. So I ended up getting the AT2 and they kept me on track all winter, even in the worst conditions.

Hell, one night me and my buddy were traveling from Montreal to Ottawa and it was a real shit show! Saw at least 10 accidents on the way there and we both had to drive really carrefuly since there was freezing rain falling from up above and the temperature was like -30 degrees Celsius. Let me tell you it was one hell of a drive, a real ice highway to Hell. Took us 3 hours to get to Ottawa instead of the usual 1h.

Good times! XD

just noticed youre from my neck of the woods!

you with any local clubs? CJM or CJRS maybe?

EDIT: forget it, going in PM not to derail anything

Top Bottom