After market seat height issues. Tall guy problems.

boostdtalon

Looking at replacing the worn out seats in my YJ. I tried a set of Corbeau Moabs, but had no luck with seat height. Even tried their brackets. Looking at the mastercraft rubicon or nomad seats. I heard removing the sliders would place it at about the same height as the stock seat. Which for me would be preferred. I'm about 6'1". The factory seat slid all the way back is near perfect for me minus the aching back from worn cushions. Has anyone on here done this and what were your results?

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
While not the same issue, I'm looking at changing out the rear bench seat in my TJ. My kids went with me on a trip where it was 3 hours from home, and the lack of a headrest was causing complaints. It looks like there are a few solid aftermarket options that I had to do research to make sure would fit properly and not have heads up higher than the stock seats.

boostdtalon

Yeah I settled on the mastercraft rubicon seat. I just got back from a business trip and will attempt to install it this weekend. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469205489.105055.jpg

robx251

Caught the Bug
Looking at replacing the worn out seats in my YJ. I tried a set of Corbeau Moabs, but had no luck with seat height. Even tried their brackets. Looking at the mastercraft rubicon or nomad seats. I heard removing the sliders would place it at about the same height as the stock seat. Which for me would be preferred. I'm about 6'1". The factory seat slid all the way back is near perfect for me minus the aching back from worn cushions. Has anyone on here done this and what were your results?

Glad you got a replacement, in my old yj I put in a set of gmc canyon buckets in the front. It was a little tight putting the bolts in but worked great.

JOHN73738

Cool, gotta check these seats out. I am 6'5" and I need to replace the seats in my wife's TJ. Was going to install the BigBoy brackets to assist in the legroom issue as well.

Top Bottom