Teraflex - Bad rep for a reason or isolated cases?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Just curious what do you dislike about BDS? I'm running their springs and they are nice and soft. I didn't buy any of their other parts because I want Johnny joints on the control arms

You know the coils did ride nice. The control tubing is thin and light weight, same with the track bars. The joints were tiny and shitty as well. The long arm brackets we flimsy and not many mounting points. I was surprised it held on. If memory is right the front side only had lower long arms. The uppers were still stock length. Might have been the same for the rear.

Quality was garbage. I'm sure it was fine for street jeeps but not on the trail.

Jk909

You know the coils did ride nice. The control tubing is thin and light weight, same with the track bars. The joints were tiny and shitty as well. The long arm brackets we flimsy and not many mounting points. I was surprised it held on. If memory is right the front side only had lower long arms. The uppers were still stock length. Might have been the same for the rear.

Quality was garbage. I'm sure it was fine for street jeeps but not on the trail.

Well I'm glad I stayed away from the rest of their stuff. I just wasn't sure if you had any issues with the springs. Thanks for sharing your experience

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Yup. It's sad but you simply can't make this shit up.

View attachment 210147

Back when we were still running the TeraFlex 4" lift on Moby, we had the same thing happen right after installing it and out on the Rubicon. :naw:

I think a lot of these guys don't realize that many of you have actually run their stuff, before. I trust your opinion. Heck, Overlander told me mine, "Will ride like shit," when I was thinking about it. Glad I listened.

Mr.Green

I think a lot of these guys don't realize that many of you have actually run their stuff, before. I trust your opinion. Heck, Overlander told me mine, "Will ride like shit," when I was thinking about it. Glad I listened.

I know I'm sold on the EVO enforcer lifts myself. It's not my tread but I'm so glad I saw/read this. Saved me a big mistake.

MacRubi2

Forgive me father as I have sinned 😜

Ok first off I will admit I run a TeraFlex 3" kit with 8 flex arms. I'm not going to be a "fan boy" for TF but when I bought there kit I really didn't know much about lift kits for Jeeps. Hell I was about to buy a cheap RE lift but quickly learned that I was not going to put that lift on a brand new Jeep.

Anyway at this point this is what I will run until I see a need to change. Yes the Jeep rides stiffer than new but as others have said its not that bad....just keep the tire pressure a bit lower.

I have nothing bad to say about this lift as I haven't had any bushing problems but I did have one of the front lower CA grease zerks break off because it made contact with the bracket and that's it. It has been on the Jeep for more than a year and has been wheeled. Mater of fact I just got back a week ago from a 7 day Moab trip where we did Steel Bender, Poison Spyder, Hells Revenge and more and the only issue I had was a front spring rotating off the spring perch which was a easy fix by flexing it out and turning the spring by hand.

Would I buy the same lift now probably not just because I have read a learned from forums like this one.

Oh and I do have front PSC Brawler light front bumper which I bought before the were bought out.
While I'm at it right now I'm running the ProComp Xtreme MT2 that I bought for the 40k mile warranty and I'm pleased so far with them.

Flame away.....🔥🔥🔥

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Forgive me father as I have sinned [emoji12]

Ok first off I will admit I run a TeraFlex 3" kit with 8 flex arms. I'm not going to be a "fan boy" for TF but when I bought there kit I really didn't know much about lift kits for Jeeps. Hell I was about to buy a cheap RE lift but quickly learned that I was not going to put that lift on a brand new Jeep.

Anyway at this point this is what I will run until I see a need to change. Yes the Jeep rides stiffer than new but as others have said its not that bad....just keep the tire pressure a bit lower.

I have nothing bad to say about this lift as I haven't had any bushing problems but I did have one of the front lower CA grease zerks break off because it made contact with the bracket and that's it. It has been on the Jeep for more than a year and has been wheeled. Mater of fact I just got back a week ago from a 7 day Moab trip where we did Steel Bender, Poison Spyder, Hells Revenge and more and the only issue I had was a front spring rotating off the spring perch which was a easy fix by flexing it out and turning the spring by hand.

Would I buy the same lift now probably not just because I have read a learned from forums like this one.

Oh and I do have front PSC Brawler light front bumper which I bought before the were bought out.
While I'm at it right now I'm running the ProComp Xtreme MT2 that I bought for the 40k mile warranty and I'm pleased so far with them.

Flame away.....[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Welcome to Wayalife! Despite what you may think folks are sharing information and bringing light to the poor quality of their parts. By dropping the "flame away" line it only leaves us guessing if you are only here for some attention. :thinking:

BenJKWrangler15

Welcome to Wayalife! Despite what you may think folks are sharing information and bringing light to the poor quality of their parts. By dropping the "flame away" line it only leaves us guessing if you are only here for some attention. :thinking:

He might be, but hey he's bringing in his perspective and that's all this thread's about.

"Flame away" [emoji10][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Flame away.....

Guys don't get flamed for running the parts they want. They get flamed for getting on here and saying these parts are the "best ever" and bitch & whine about people throwin shade on these parts. This forum is a lot different from the others out there and why I love it. When Eddie and the crew tell you that these parts are substandard, you gotta realize the persepctive they are coming from and thats from an extreme off-roaders experience with the kind of wheeling they do. We've all seen the videos. When the guys here tell you something isn't up to snuff, it's not because they're all "fanboys" of certain brands as the trolls love to say, its because some of the shit being sold out there isn't any goddam good!

swampdog

Guys don't get flamed for running the parts they want. They get flamed for getting on here and saying these parts are the "best ever" and bitch & whine about people throwin shade on these parts. This forum is a lot different from the others out there and why I love it. When Eddie and the crew tell you that these parts are substandard, you gotta realize the persepctive they are coming from and thats from an extreme off-roaders experience with the kind of wheeling they do. We've all seen the videos. When the guys here tell you something isn't up to snuff, it's not because they're all "fanboys" of certain brands as the trolls love to say, its because some of the shit being sold out there isn't any goddam good!

Couldn't have said it better myself. I get how people come in wanting to believe that parts they bought are great, they spent their hard earned money on them. But, the sooner people open their minds to listening to those who have punished their equipment on trails, the better off they will be.

JeepJeep75

This thread is a great example of how this forum provides priceless information on products offered by companies that you CANNOT get by looking at reviews and funny YouTube videos. I was almost sold on a 3, 4, 6(?!?!) inch TF long arm lift kit when I first bought my jeep. Those YT videos really make their stuff look good. Luckily though I always include in my searches the words bad, broken, problems, failure in front of said product name. That's when I realized that this forum offers those "real world reviews". Not some marketing fluff made up by some idiot that was given a kit and asked to say something nice, but real genuine feedback provided by people that have seen and experienced failure. For that I thank all of you on this forum that provide this info to try to help people from falling for the marketing hype and spending hard-earned money on shit that will get you off road, but not necessarily home. [emoji106]

BenJKWrangler15

This thread is a great example of how this forum provides priceless information on products offered by companies that you CANNOT get by looking at reviews and funny YouTube videos. I was almost sold on a 3, 4, 6(?!?!) inch TF long arm lift kit when I first bought my jeep. Those YT videos really make their stuff look good. Luckily though I always include in my searches the words bad, broken, problems, failure in front of said product name. That's when I realized that this forum offers those "real world reviews". Not some marketing fluff made up by some idiot that was given a kit and asked to say something nice, but real genuine feedback provided by people that have seen and experienced failure. For that I thank all of you on this forum that provide this info to try to help people from falling for the marketing hype and spending hard-earned money on shit that will get you off road, but not necessarily home. [emoji106]

Amen to that! [emoji10]

MacRubi2

LOL....no I don't want the attention for buying a TF product....

Hey thanks for the welcome 👋

Just figured I would get toasted by saying what lift I bought but it is what it is ✌️

MacRubi2

Totally get this and is why I'm here 😎

I'm willing to tell everyone here what I run and how it performs on the trail how else do we all learn

Top Bottom