JK_Dave's Family Trip to the BlueRidge Parkway

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Great pics! I love the BRP. Looks like it was a fun time.

If you ever continue the drive up through Virignia there is an easy, but scenic Jeep trail called Big Levels right off of the Parkway.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Headed up to the top of Grandfather Mountain

IMG_2489.jpg

IMG_2490.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

Inside the mini museum and conservatory, half way to the top of the mountain.

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2498.jpg

The famous "mile-high" swinging bridge. It's 5280 ft above sea level, not the canyon beneath it. It was fortified with steel cables in 1991 I believe, but when I was little, it was just rope and wooden planks.

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

So this guy thought it would be a good idea to open his truck's tonneau cover in 65mph winds. The wind ripped it off his truck, sent it bouncing through the parking lot like a paper plate and then went halfway up the mountain. :naw: :doh:

IMG_2515.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pictures and you should try to make it here if you're ever in the area. It's beautiful country.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Great pics! I love the BRP. Looks like it was a fun time.

If you ever continue the drive up through Virignia there is an easy, but scenic Jeep trail called Big Levels right off of the Parkway.

Driven the Virginia section several times, didn't know about the jeep trail. Where off the parkway is it?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Great photos. It's beautiful on the Parkway, although I've only been on it between the Great Smoky Mountains National Park & Asheville, NC

Last edited:
Top Bottom