Slabs and stock tires

colo dean

Tried finding an answer but seems I cant find it or not bright enough to search correctly. Anyway, picked up a set of slabs and I only have 14k or so on the factory 255/75/17 tires. Would these tires be ok to mount on the slabs? If it's going to look goofy/odd/whatever, I will wait since I'm saving for a set of 35's. Rig is a '14 2 door and 2.5" lift. Factory tires still have about 3/4 tread and kinda want to get some more use out of them.

What say the group?

Napalm

Save your money and buy your wheels and tires together.

Tried this with some method wheels, didn't look all that great. Just wait!

Stick

I agree with Napalm on the look. What size slabs did you get? They might be to wide for the stock tires to fit on.

colo dean

I agree with Napalm on the look. What size slabs did you get? They might be to wide for the stock tires to fit on.

They are 17x9. The build sheet says the factory wheels are 17x7.5.

Really don't have a problem waiting although I do believe walking across the living room now and then they are secretly taunting me.

Only complaint I had was out of 5 wheels, I got 1 valve stem and 2 hex wrenches to remove the center caps. At least all of the bolts were in the package.
Here they are in all their beauty.
20160624_135133_zpslrwzuhwm.jpg

Guess the longer I wait, the more I am getting out of the factory tires.

Stick

Yeah I had mine for almost a month before I got my tires and mounted them so I understand the feeling.

Napalm

They are 17x9. The build sheet says the factory wheels are 17x7.5.

Really don't have a problem waiting although I do believe walking across the living room now and then they are secretly taunting me.

Only complaint I had was out of 5 wheels, I got 1 valve stem and 2 hex wrenches to remove the center caps. At least all of the bolts were in the package.
Here they are in all their beauty.
View attachment 210017

Guess the longer I wait, the more I am getting out of the factory tires.

Nice wheels!

But I would advise to steer clear with stock tires. The Methods I installed were 17x8.5. They caused my factory tires to stretch out, looking a little strange. I ended up buying new tires 2 weeks later. Good things come to those who wait :)

Top Bottom