Lifting my JK 2DR - Help & Advices - RaccøønJK

BenJKWrangler15

Wave from Québec, Canada!

O|||||||O
[]---o-[]

I'm currently in the process of listing the parts I'll need in order to lift my Jeep JK Sport 2015.

As I am based in Canada, less offers are available to me (ish, as some dealers don't do "worldwide" shipping from the US, Quadratec to name only this one) and I'm stuck ordering parts from 4WP.

(If any Canadians or Americans are on this forum and have tips or advices on where to order JK parts that''ll be delivered to my front, I'll be glad to hear your ideas!)

Anyways, sticking on to the thread here & my available JK parts dealer, 4WP, here's a "kit" I came up with, accordingly with what's best for my build in my opinion, as available suspensions kits from 4WP only display chinese-quality-parts advertised by american-stick-your-name-on-it companies (We all know who that is following my two previous threads - here's the link to both

- http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?37869-Teraflex-Bad-rep-for-a-reason-or-isolated-cases
- http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?37894-Lift-(Shocks-amp-Springs)-Company-I-d-trust )

So to start off this "kit", I wanted something in between 3" to 4" of lift.

Here's the list of parts and their part numbers I came up with - note, I want a "Trophy Truck" like ride to blast to trails and sand as well as good articulation and clearance to tackle obstacles and trails properly (Any advice or tips that will help me achieve this kind of ride will be much appreciated). To top it off, it is also my daily driver :rolleyes:

So here we go;

1. COIL SPRINGS

Synergy MFG

- 3" Front Coil Springs, Part number SYN8063-20
- 3" Rear Coil Springs, Part number SYN8064-20

OR

- 4" Front Coil Springs, Part number SYN8063-45
- 4" Rear Coil Springs, Part number SYN8064-45

Currie Enterprises

- 4" Front Coil Springs, Part number CURCE-9132F1P
- 4" Rear Coil Springs, Part number CURCE-9132R1P

Icon Vehicle Dynamics

- 3" Front Coil Springs, Part number ICO22010
- 2" Rear Coil Springs, Part number ICO22015

OR

- 4" Front Coil Springs, Part number ICO24010
- 4" Rear Coil Springs, Part number ICO24015

2. SHOCK ABSORBERS

Bilstein

- 5100 Series Front Shock (3"), Part number BIL24-146708
- 5100 Series Rear Shock (4"), Part number BIL33-186887

OR

- 5160 Series Front Shock (3"), Part number BIL25-187656
- 5160 Series Rear Shock (4"), Part number BIL25-187649

OR

- 5100 Series Front Shock (4"), Part number BIL24-186872

OR

- 5160 Series Front Shock (4"), Part number BIL25-187632

Fox Racing Shox

- 2.0 Adventure Series Front Shocks (3.5"), Part number FOX983-50-022
- 2.0 Adventure Series Rear Shocks (3.5"), Part number FOX983-50-024

OR

- 2.0 Adventure Series Front Shocks (4"-6"), Part number FOX983-50-023
- 2.0 Adventure Series Rear Shocks (4"-6"), Part number FOX983-50-025

Icon Vehicle Dynamics

- V.S. 2.5 Series Piggyback Front Shocks (4"), Part number ICO27840P
- V.S. 2.5 Series Piggyback Rear Shocks (4"), Part number ICO27745P

3. FRONT SWAY BAR LINK

Synergy MFG

- Front sway bar quick disconnect kit, Part number SYN8079
- Front sway bar link, Part number SYN8059
- JK Front sway bar relocation kit, Part number SYN8081

4. ANYTHING ELSE?

- Synergy MFG Exhaust Spacers Kit, Part number SYN5017

This 4th and last point is open for debate. My current Jeep set up is 33x12.5R15 tires on 15x8 w/3.5 B.S steelies.

I'll probably need a long arm kit?
New rear extended sway bars?
New bumpstops?
Trackbar?

Let me know what you guys would add to the list of available parts stated above.

————————————————————————

Now keep in my that this "kit" parts list combination is one I came up with accordingly to what is available to me in Canada via 4WP.

What do you guys have to add, discard or modify from this list? Comment below! Every replies will be much appreciated.

Ben & RaccøønJK

Last edited:

BenJKWrangler15

As I was writing this thread down for the past couple hours, researching the parts number and all that, I came to realise that'd rather go for 4" of lift instead of 3". So this will narrow down my list of parts to choose from to the list I'll put down under this comment.

BenJKWrangler15

Do you just copy and paste the same thread over and over and then change a few words?

Nope, did my research on parts & availability, pricing and things I'd buy for the lift. Baby steps, chill a little, it takes time to put togheter the data and narrow down the list of parts I'll actually buy.

Peace, peace

BenJKWrangler15

1. COIL SPRINGS

Synergy MFG

- 4" Front Coil Springs, Part number SYN8063-45
- 4" Rear Coil Springs, Part number SYN8064-45

Currie Enterprises

- 4" Front Coil Springs, Part number CURCE-9132F1P
- 4" Rear Coil Springs, Part number CURCE-9132R1P

Icon Vehicle Dynamics

- 4" Front Coil Springs, Part number ICO24010
- 4" Rear Coil Springs, Part number ICO24015

2. SHOCK ABSORBERS

Bilstein

- 5100 Series Front Shock (4"), Part number BIL24-186872

OR

- 5160 Series Front Shock (4"), Part number BIL25-187632

Fox Racing Shox

- 2.0 Adventure Series Front Shocks (4"-6"), Part number FOX983-50-023
- 2.0 Adventure Series Rear Shocks (4"-6"), Part number FOX983-50-025

Icon Vehicle Dynamics

- V.S. 2.5 Series Piggyback Front Shocks (4"), Part number ICO27840P
- V.S. 2.5 Series Piggyback Rear Shocks (4"), Part number ICO27745P

3. FRONT SWAY BAR LINK

Synergy MFG

- Front sway bar quick disconnect kit, Part number SYN8079
- Front sway bar link, Part number SYN8059
- JK Front sway bar relocation kit, Part number SYN8081

4. ANYTHING ELSE?

- Synergy MFG Exhaust Spacers Kit, Part number SYN5017

So here's the shortened list for 4" lift kit suspensions.

JAGS

Hooked
As I was writing this thread down for the past couple hours, researching the parts number and all that, I came to realise that'd rather go for 4" of lift instead of 3". So this will narrow down my list of parts to choose from to the list I'll put down under this comment.

Nope, did my research on parts & availability, pricing and things I'd buy for the lift. Baby steps, chill a little, it takes time to put togheter the data and narrow down the list of parts I'll actually buy.

Peace, peace

So here's the shortened list for 4" lift kit suspensions.

Thanks!!! Send me a friend request buddy, can't figure out how to do it on the mobile App 🙃

Did you not finish high school up there. WTF.

This thread will be fun. [emoji85]

BenJKWrangler15

Did you not finish high school up there. WTF.

This thread will be fun. [emoji85]

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467178028.662774.jpg

Sure did, in the process of becoming a police officer (yuuup, Canadian mounties ridding a god damn motherfxcking moose to issue you a ticket)

All joking aside, hard earned money needs to be spent wisely and the lift portion of this built is a critical one for me as down the road I am planning on axles swap, bigger wheels & tires, engine upgrades etc etc. Since this is a fairly new Jeep and I have an extended warranty on it, all of the latest mod stated above will come after my dealer warranty expires. Sooo for now, let's just focus on lifting that baby up in the air 🙃

Dalton gang

I wouldn't go over a 3" without considering the can of worms that you'll open up man,just saying. Check out some build threads, shit gets complicated ;)

lonewolf

Why do you need 4" of lift for your 33" tires?

Seems like you still need to do a lot of research before even asking part specific questions.

Regarding ordering stuff from US, if you live close to the border, there are many receiving services near the border where you can ship your stuff to, then go pick it up, pay a few bucks per box. Way cheaper than getting it shipped to Canada. And if you declare less than $200 on the way back ($800 if you're out of the country for 48 hours or more), you don't even pay any tax. If that's not an option, there are also services in US that will forward you your stuff into Canada. Google them. It will be more expensive though, since you'll pay for their service/shipping + you will surely get charged Canadian tax.

Peak

You will need driveshafts front and rear for any 2 door with 3"+ lift. Don't rely on an exhaust spacer, it will only buy you a small amount of time. Control arms would be ideal to correct steering. Also a drag link flip kit.
4" lift on a 2 door is huge, you will most likely receive 5-5.5" of lift out of 4" springs. Also 33's and that much lift will look silly imo.
If you don't want driveshafts then find yourself a nice 2"-2.5" kit, im not sure what 4WP sells, I try to stay away from them...pair it with some bilstein 5100 shocks. Take it out and have fun.

(All these answers are for 3"+ lift)
Why would you need a long arm? You will be fine with adjustable arms. Front lowers, rear uppers for a 2 door if I remember correctly.
Bumpstops, you may be okay with your tire size, that's something you would need to measure on your own when the lift is installed.
I'd get a track bar relocation bracket over a new adjustable track bar.

BenJKWrangler15

Lifting my JK 2DR - Help & Advices - RaccøønJK

Why do you need 4" of lift for your 33" tires?

Seems like you still need to do a lot of research before even asking part specific questions.

Regarding ordering stuff from US, if you live close to the border, there are many receiving services near the border where you can ship your stuff to, then go pick it up, pay a few bucks per box. Way cheaper than getting it shipped to Canada. And if you declare less than $200 on the way back ($800 if you're out of the country for 48 hours or more), you don't even pay any tax. If that's not an option, there are also services in US that will forward you your stuff into Canada. Google them. It will be more expensive though, since you'll pay for their service/shipping + you will surely get charged Canadian tax.

I don't need 4" lift to run my 33's. I don't need a 4" lift to run 35's either. But I'll need that lift when I'll be putting 37's and up tires under this rig.

As for the border, I'm not even remotely close to it. It's either an 8 or 12 hours drive but it is feasible. And for the latest option, I have a cousin living in California but like you just underlined, I'll have extra shipping cost related to the parts I'll order and have forwarded to my adress, which is completely on the opposite side of the north american continent.

As for research, trust me, if I'm asking parts specific questions it's because there's reasons for that. I'd like some guenine input on those parts and real life reviews and testimony. Not just marketing part descriptions & "what-they're-built-for-and-up-for" part providers copy & paste description.

Last edited:

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I don't need 4" lift to run my 33's. I don't need a 4" lift to run 35's either. But I'll need that lift when I'll be putting 37's and up tires under this rig.

As for the border, I'm not even remotely close to it. It's either an 8 or 12 hours drive but it is feasible. And for the latest option, I have a cousin living in California but like you just underlined, I'll have extra shipping cost related to the parts I'll order and have forwarded to my adress, which is completely on the opposite side of the north american continent.

As for research, trust me, if I'm asking parts specific questions it's because there's reasons for that. I'd like some guenine input on those parts and real life reviews and testimony. Not just marketing part descriptions & "what-they're-built-for-and-up-for" part providers copy & paste description.

You can run 37s with a 2.5" lift.

BenJKWrangler15

You will need driveshafts front and rear for any 2 door with 3"+ lift. Don't rely on an exhaust spacer, it will only buy you a small amount of time. Control arms would be ideal to correct steering. Also a drag link flip kit.
4" lift on a 2 door is huge, you will most likely receive 5-5.5" of lift out of 4" springs. Also 33's and that much lift will look silly imo.
If you don't want driveshafts then find yourself a nice 2"-2.5" kit, im not sure what 4WP sells, I try to stay away from them...pair it with some bilstein 5100 shocks. Take it out and have fun.

(All these answers are for 3"+ lift)
Why would you need a long arm? You will be fine with adjustable arms. Front lowers, rear uppers for a 2 door if I remember correctly.
Bumpstops, you may be okay with your tire size, that's something you would need to measure on your own when the lift is installed.
I'd get a track bar relocation bracket over a new adjustable track bar.

Thanks! Finally some usefull infos. Couldn't agree with you more on the 33's/4" lift silly-look but my buddy did a 6" and he's running 33's... Now that my friend just look terribly silly, to say only kind words. That's why I'm only going for a 4", as 2DR are lighter and like you said get more of a lift out of the coil springs.

Maybe I could stick with the 3" lift for now... The thing is parts price for the 3" & the 4" are pretty much the same! But if changing the driveshafts becomes a necessary thing, the 4" definitly just got more expensive but will be lasting me and fitting my needs better, in the long run. Don't want to put on a lift this year and 3 years from now have to do the same work all over again just to put an inch more on my rig. Hell, do it right the first time & you won't have to upgrade again, unless breakage or change of built plans.

Thanks for the input Peak, I'll be on the look out & shopping for those other parts.

thardy

Banned
To get a "trophy truck like ride", you need to go coilovers. And 4" of lift on a 2dr is just silly.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
4" on a 2 door is stupid. Way to much lift. If you put 3" coils on a 2 door you would prob net 4" or more depending on how light or heavy your rig is.

Top Bottom