Lifting my JK 2DR - Help & Advices - RaccøønJK

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Stupid is a bit strong. I did it and it was fine, for the most part. Makes the 2dr real bouncy and if I was to do it again on a 2dr I'd go 3".

CarolinaJK

Lifting my JK 2DR - Help & Advices - RaccøønJK

If you're trying to go "trophy truck", you definitely don't want coils, much less 4" coils. Go coilovers.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
How the fuck did trophy truck come up? If you want a trophy truck ride, buy a fucking trophy truck, not a brick.

Wethy

Firstly I've seen two parts dealers in Ontario(that will ship) that have installed EVO stuff. Also the And I can think of a few others in Alberta. If you want you can PM me for those sites. Since they're not vendor preferred. And I thought in Quebec you had to run winter tires? And max on road was a 35"? Or has that been changed/is this purely a toy? Also I have a 2.5" lift and definitely have enough for 35s and maybe even 37s if I really tried to make them fit

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Firstly I've seen two parts dealers in Ontario(that will ship) that have installed EVO stuff. Also the And I can think of a few others in Alberta. If you want you can PM me for those sites. Since they're not vendor preferred. And I thought in Quebec you had to run winter tires? And max on road was a 35"? Or has that been changed/is this purely a toy? Also I have a 2.5" lift and definitely have enough for 35s and maybe even 37s if I really tried to make them fit

Thats a big no-no. Dealers can you only install Mopar performance parts and can get the big nasty stick slapped at them from chrysler. Can they do it still? Yes but its against their dealer agreement.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thats a big no-no. Dealers can you only install Mopar performance parts and can get the big nasty stick slapped at them from chrysler. Can they do it still? Yes but its against their dealer agreement.

I don't think that's true. I've seen dealers install a lot of stuff.

TRLJNKY

Ive worked at dealers who have installed a ton of different aftermarket parts. The catch is the ridiculous price the customers would pay. Most didnt care because they were financing the purchase. Diff is there was no manufacturer warranty in these items. It was specific to the installing dealer and its vendors. Its been a few years but thats what I remember. I used to write service and some of these installs during sales became my nightmare during warranty repair lol

benatc1

Hooked
Dude, 4" is way to much, check out my build thread, on my 2 door I netted around 4" from my 3" EVo plush rides and it makes my 35s looks small, even when i get to 37s there will be plenty of room. I can get max articulation with the trim fender and its rides great on and off road. EVO springs are one of the softer rides and it flexes great but if you want to blast across the desert like a trophy truck you never will with coil springs, i think my jeep rides outstanding and on those washboard roads it gets pretty treacherous above 40. Granted i could run a better shock but it wont make that much of a difference unless you make the jump to coil overs. I dont know a lot about all the items you listed but but ive heard blistens arent to bad and the fox shocks i used to run were ok, thought they were pretty stiff. but if you get much over 3in eventually your going to need drive shafts, few adjustable control arms, drag link flip, raised track bar brackets, extended brake lines if you want to flex it out, or else the jeep will drive like shit and you can forget about driving fast anywhere.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
You can even run 37's on a stock JKU Rubicon suspension if you'd like. Just depends on how you're using your rig and what kind of off road you do with it.

(Here, stock JKUR on BFGoodRich 37's : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pOm6cyKWZpU)

I personally would like the gain of articulation a 4" lift would provide my rig. But that's me.

Check out OverlanderJK's profile. He's running 2.5" RK springs with 37" tires. And from what I see on this forum, he wheels the shit out of his 2 door. Remember this, a 2.5" lift usually will give you over 3" of lift. That's more than enough for your "articulation ".

BenJKWrangler15

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467210890.009348.jpg

Running 37" tires on a factory suspension is dumb. Just me

Sure is. But I just linked the video for the sake of it.

To get a "trophy truck like ride", you need to go coilovers. And 4" of lift on a 2dr is just silly.

I'll look into those.

4" on a 2 door is stupid. Way to much lift. If you put 3" coils on a 2 door you would prob net 4" or more depending on how light or heavy your rig is.

I try to keep it as lightweight as possible. And for your info, nothing's stupid, to each their own.

Stupid is a bit strong. I did it and it was fine, for the most part. Makes the 2dr real bouncy and if I was to do it again on a 2dr I'd go 3".

^^^ + What H8ROADS said :) And my buddy who runs the 6" almost crashed his when he got out of the shop with his JK on a windy winter day :)

If you're trying to go "trophy truck", you definitely don't want coils, much less 4" coils. Go coilovers.

Copy/Paste : I'll look into those.

How the fuck did trophy truck come up? If you want a trophy truck ride, buy a fucking trophy truck, not a brick.

If you would have took the time to read the FIRST post, you'd fxcking know how the fuck the trophy truck came up. Fxck.

You are most definitly right on those road regulations which to me seems silly, except for the winter tires. I run snowpeak All Terrain General Grabber AT2 year round, so I'm good for now.

As for the max tire/lift size, I live in à remotely quiet & people-less area. So it's no big deal to run big ass tires & lift around here.

Dude, 4" is way to much, check out my build thread, on my 2 door I netted around 4" from my 3" EVo plush rides and it makes my 35s looks small, even when i get to 37s there will be plenty of room. I can get max articulation with the trim fender and its rides great on and off road. EVO springs are one of the softer rides and it flexes great but if you want to blast across the desert like a trophy truck you never will with coil springs, i think my jeep rides outstanding and on those washboard roads it gets pretty treacherous above 40. Granted i could run a better shock but it wont make that much of a difference unless you make the jump to coil overs. I dont know a lot about all the items you listed but but ive heard blistens arent to bad and the fox shocks i used to run were ok, thought they were pretty stiff. but if you get much over 3in eventually your going to need drive shafts, few adjustable control arms, drag link flip, raised track bar brackets, extended brake lines if you want to flex it out, or else the jeep will drive like shit and you can forget about driving fast anywhere.

I'll sure take the time to read your built thread, thank you very much Benact1 - and thanks for the other recommandations!

BenJKWrangler15

Check out OverlanderJK's profile. He's running 2.5" RK springs with 37" tires. And from what I see on this forum, he wheels the shit out of his 2 door. Remember this, a 2.5" lift usually will give you over 3" of lift. That's more than enough for your "articulation ".

Will do, but he's been kind of a dick since this thread started... x_x

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug

Regardless of the fact, you'll have to learn to separate the two. Though he and others come off dickish, they also bring a ton of knowledge to the table. The sooner you realize that the more you'll learn.

benatc1

Hooked

Hang around long enough and you'll get used to it. Dont take it personal becuase i doubt he really cares what you do with your Jeep, however his jeep isnt all fancy and bells and whistels and has sucessfully wheeled harder stuff than most people here. legend has it he is actually a cool guy, don't know him though

Wethy

I probably should have clarified I meant offroad shops when I said parts dealers. I meant mean mopar parts department. But yeah the dealer around me will install rough country lifts I called to see what they charged one time and for their shitty 500$ 4" lift it was 2400 bucks just to have that "package" installed. What a ridiculous price

Top Bottom