RENEGADE RENDEZVOUS : An Epic Exploration Trek Across Nevada

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I know I've said it before, but it was trips like this that got me into off roading to begin with and will always be my favorite trips to do. My wife and I love exploring this great land. Great read and thanks so much for sharing! You guys are truly living the dream! [emoji106]

Riflefan

Really cool. Thanks for the great write up and sharing. Looks like a trip my wife would enjoy. I might have to try this route someday.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
cav♤fighter;728989 said:
Never ceases to amaze me how many hidden treasures this state has to offer. Thanks for sharing your adventure and providing a lil history tour

There are a lot out here and I can only hope it stays like that. It killed me to see so many treasures shot up, burned down, trashed and destroyed in California by the very people who should be protecting them.

What a awesome idea for a trip. The pictures are amazing show what an great time you guys had!

Just one of many and many more to come. Glad you enjoyed the pics :cool:

Awesome.. that looked like a fun relaxing trip.. I need to make it to Rachel, NV sometime to see that place.. just to say I've been to the Little ALEINN

It's a fun place with good food and booze! :beer:

Incredible documentary as usual. Great work and what an adventure!
:thumb::thumb:

Thank you, glad you enjoyed following our adventure :)

Great pics! Thanks for sharing! Gotta get my daughter to do more of this in her Renegade.

Do it! They're a lot of fun :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What a cool little trip. Thanks for sharing.
For a couple of Renegades, it was a lot of fun. Might have to do something like it again only next time with Wranglers so that we push the limits a bit more :D

That was a fun read with tons of pics, just how I like it! Thank you for sharing your adventure

So glad you enjoyed it.

Trips like this are the whole reason I wanted a Jeep to begin with, simply amazing. The Renegade is looking really good.

You and me both! As much as we like to go crawling, our first love has ALWAYS been exploring.

I know I've said it before, but it was trips like this that got me into off roading to begin with and will always be my favorite trips to do. My wife and I love exploring this great land. Great read and thanks so much for sharing! You guys are truly living the dream! [emoji106]

I'm totally with you. It is trips like this that got us into Jeeps and to be honest, why we started building ours up. There's nothing that sucks more than to be stopped by an unforeseen obstacle along the way. That actually happened on this trip and for that, it was a bit of a bummer that we weren't in our JK's.

Really cool. Thanks for the great write up and sharing. Looks like a trip my wife would enjoy. I might have to try this route someday.

Awesome. There's a lot to see out here - you just need to know that it is very remote and gas is hard to come by.

JAGS

Hooked
For a couple of Renegades, it was a lot of fun. Might have to do something like it again only next time with Wranglers so that we push the limits a bit more :D

Sometimes it's good to not push the limits. Lol.

I'll need to show this thread to my daughter. She already says she wants one....she's just shy of 12 years old. Ha ha. She'll dig seeing the renegade adventure. [emoji106]

Sometimes it's good to not push the limits. Lol.

I'll need to show this thread to my daughter. She already says she wants one....she's just shy of 12 years old. Ha ha. She'll dig seeing the renegade adventure. [emoji106]

Nice. I'm going to do the same and show it to my wife. This will push her just a little more into wanting a jeep. I'd say she's about 50% there.

JeepFan

Hooked
I hope you've enjoyed following our first ever Renegade Rendezvous. I really need to give a BIG THANKS to Tony and Stephanie for joining us on this trip. In addition to having safety in numbers when venturing across the vast Nevada desert, we really had a great time with the two of you. Until next time :cool:

Such an awesome trip report and pictures!

We really have to give you and Cindy a huge Thank You for putting this trip together. It's hard to believe how many cool sites we visited in just 3 days! So many amazing things to see in the vast state of Nevada. As always, we had an amazing time and can't wait to get back out there with you both to continue the adventure.

But now, it's time to start cleaning the Renegade! :banghead:

We were on some trails that hadn't been traveled on for a very long time. These trails we're partially overgrown with Sagebrush and for a time, our Renegade felt more like a riding lawnmower than a Jeep.

During the cleaning process, I noticed tons of sagebrush had gotten trapped in every nook and cranny of the undercarriage. Some of it was pretty close to the exhaust too! It was a real pita to clean. During the cleaning process I half filled a 5 gallon bucket with debris. The hardest part will be removing the tar like substance from the sage that is stuck to just about everything under the Jeep.

We're just thankful the trails weren't muddy!

Overall, we were very impressed with the Renegade. It rode amazing on the bumpy trails and while it's no JK, the 4 wheel drive system worked well.

Despite the dust and brush, this was an amazing adventure and we're just so grateful we got to join our great friends Eddie and Cindy on this Renegade Rendezvous!

rubic0n

Great Write up and wonderful photography. I'd love to explore Nevada someday. I have driven across it a couple of times, but never left the highway.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Absolutely tremendous. Bravo. Definitely look forward to checking out some of these sights for myself one day! Keep on keepin' on!

dwvninety

Dang, that's awesome! Thanks for the wonderful photo's and the story behind it. Makes me want to get out and travel.

cjmenma

Awesome pictures, as always, and great narrative. Seems like a cool trip and that you guys had fun. Thanks for sharing! :rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty cool to see two renegades on the trail. The pictures were amazing! Can't wait till we get ours on the trail too. :yup:

Well, now that you've got one, we'll definitely need to plan a trip :thumb:

Such an awesome trip report and pictures!

We really have to give you and Cindy a huge Thank You for putting this trip together. It's hard to believe how many cool sites we visited in just 3 days! So many amazing things to see in the vast state of Nevada. As always, we had an amazing time and can't wait to get back out there with you both to continue the adventure.

But now, it's time to start cleaning the Renegade! :banghead:

We were on some trails that hadn't been traveled on for a very long time. These trails we're partially overgrown with Sagebrush and for a time, our Renegade felt more like a riding lawnmower than a Jeep.

During the cleaning process, I noticed tons of sagebrush had gotten trapped in every nook and cranny of the undercarriage. Some of it was pretty close to the exhaust too! It was a real pita to clean. During the cleaning process I half filled a 5 gallon bucket with debris. The hardest part will be removing the tar like substance from the sage that is stuck to just about everything under the Jeep.

We're just thankful the trails weren't muddy!

Overall, we were very impressed with the Renegade. It rode amazing on the bumpy trails and while it's no JK, the 4 wheel drive system worked well.

Despite the dust and brush, this was an amazing adventure and we're just so grateful we got to join our great friends Eddie and Cindy on this Renegade Rendezvous!

Oh man, I saw the pic that Steph sent Cindy and now I'm afraid to look under mine :crazyeyes:
Glad the two of you had a great time in spite of it :D

Great Write up and wonderful photography. I'd love to explore Nevada someday. I have driven across it a couple of times, but never left the highway.

Nevada can be a tough place to venture too far off pavement especially being that gas can be so hard to come by on it. But, with some planning, there are a lot of great places you can explore out here.

Absolutely tremendous. Bravo. Definitely look forward to checking out some of these sights for myself one day! Keep on keepin' on!

Thanks! I think you might like it out here.

Dang, that's awesome! Thanks for the wonderful photo's and the story behind it. Makes me want to get out and travel.

Awesome! It's always nice to hear that our trips inspire people like you to want to get out :cool:

Top Bottom