New 35's Mastercraft Courser MXT vs Toyo OC RT

jkwebbie

I run the MXTs in a 37 on my 2 door and love them. They are pretty quiet on the road for a mud terrain and have worked great off road too. I've been to Windrock TN, Uwharrie NC, The Gulches SC, and the beach multiple times and they've held up great.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I'm heavily leaning towards the MXTs since they are priced right and have a nice aggressive tread. But I'll be buying in probably a month or so. I'm getting my gussets and Evo LCA skids burned on this Tuesday, so nothing standing in my way. Well I guess I'll need to throw my BB on too, but that shouldn't be too difficult as long as the weather isn't blistering.

Thanks for all the input and feedback. Keep it coming!

Happy Independence Day:beer:

swampdog

Why not the cooler STT pros? They are hard to beat price wise and my friend runs them in a 37 and they are impressive for sure.

DRTYRAT30

Just a side note I ordered mine online from tread depot and they shipped them to a local tire shop that had the road force balancer. At the time they were the best price out for 5 tires.

jkwebbie

Whoa whoa whoa, let's see some progress on axles first. Yeah, I said it...pics or it didn't happen.

Wait is there already a thread for runnin 40s on a d30?

You guys are funny!!!! My axles are actually at the shop getting the cast cut off right now. Won't have them back till next week. I'll pick them up and hopefully be taking them down to Scotts here soon to get the trusses on. I'm getting the shop to pull off the knuckles for me so I can have them shipped off for high steer when I pick up the axles. I plan on ordering some ruffstuff parts to make my tie rod this weekend because of the July 4th coupons lol.

You guys are funny!!!! My axles are actually at the shop getting the cast cut off right now. Won't have them back till next week. I'll pick them up and hopefully be taking them down to Scotts here soon to get the trusses on. I'm getting the shop to pull off the knuckles for me so I can have them shipped off for high steer when I pick up the axles. I plan on ordering some ruffstuff parts to make my tie rod this weekend because of the July 4th coupons lol.
Thats killer. When you expecting to have them done by?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Guys, I'm totally at an impasse on which tires I should get. I DD my 2 dr 65 miles per day mostly highway. I'm looking for a tire that will work great for the dozen or so days I wheel per year. While still running nicely on the highway, I'm fully aware that ride is subjective but would love to hear about some experiences of each.

The Toyo weighs in at 75 lbs and the MXT is lighter at 62lbs, I plan on keeping my stock carrier. So I'm not sure if that will be a problem with the heavier Toyo? Toyo is more of an AT/MT hybrid and has a 45k warranty.

I've read the threads already about each (both seem to have good feedback) but still at a loss. I'm sure I'd be happy either way.

Thanks for the help!
Let's just start with the fact that you are comparing two completely different tires...the Toyo being a hybrid as you mentioned and the Mastercraft being a true M/T. With the amount of highway driving you do, I'd lean more towards the hybrid. If you do want a true M/T, I'd look at something other than the Mastercraft. I'd look at the Cooper STT Pro being it has a 3-ply sidewall whereas the Mastercraft has a 2-ply sidewall. If you look into the hybrid options, Cooper has the S/T Maxx which does great offroad and carries the same 3-ply construction as the STT Pro. The Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 and the Dick Cepek Extreme Country are good choices also. :twocents::twocents::twocents:

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Let's just start with the fact that you are comparing two completely different tires...the Toyo being a hybrid as you mentioned and the Mastercraft being a true M/T. With the amount of highway driving you do, I'd lean more towards the hybrid. If you do want a true M/T, I'd look at something other than the Mastercraft. I'd look at the Cooper STT Pro being it has a 3-ply sidewall whereas the Mastercraft has a 2-ply sidewall. If you look into the hybrid options, Cooper has the S/T Maxx which does great offroad and carries the same 3-ply construction as the STT Pro. The Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 and the Dick Cepek Extreme Country are good choices also. :twocents::twocents::twocents:

I agree with everything you said above. I'm still kicking around the MXT, R/T, and the STT. I really doubt I'll be unhappy regardless of what I choose. Thanks for your input.

Top Bottom