TPMS Question

Smoot_JK

I recently had aftermarket TPMS sensors installed and for some reason my Jeep still shows that the tires are at 0 psi. I do have a flash cal that I set to offload mode so that the TPMS light would turn off when I didn't have sensors. Is the Jeep still reading the tires at 0 psi because the sensors don't work or would it have something to do with the flash cal? I've driven about 100 miles since the install. Before getting new sensors installed I would like to get people's opinions on why they may not be working.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yes, but I didn't drive anywhere after that. Should I try it again and drive around for a little or should it read immediately?

I would try driving around a bit. If that doesn't work you can take it to the dealer and they will be able to use the scan tool and reset the tpms to receive the new signal from the new sensors

Smoot_JK

I would try driving around a bit. If that doesn't work you can take it to the dealer and they will be able to use the scan tool and reset the tpms to receive the new signal from the new sensors

Yeah, they have to spin to register

Thanks guys. I'll give it a try.

UPDATE: Just drove around for about 30 min and still didn't read the sensors. I'll probably stop by the dealership tomorrow and see if they can reset the TPMS.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just a note, if you have a FlashCal, you should return it to stock before taking your Jeep into the dealership. It may not be needed but I'd do it just to be safe.

RRien07

Good luck getting the dealer to fix that as its not their product or is it?
Also did you calibrate for your wheel and tire sizes?
In my experience you have to drive for much long then 30 minutes to clear them and reset them. I know it's a pain in the butt, and hate the bell, but it took a two or more hour freeway drive to clear it in my Son's 08 JK sport.
He has stuck wheels with 33's.
I took it all out on my 07 JKU. I just check my air regularly.

Top Bottom