ORW trans cooler with Ripp SC

Sullivan

Has anyone installed the ORW trans cooler that mounts behind the cooling fan? This is the one that would go closer to the motor when you have the Ripp Gen2 SC.
I've really been needing one and after my trip out to Colorado last week, it's very obvious that I need to move ahead and get one. I don't have much room up front so I'm wanting to move it behind. Anyone do this? Looking for first hand knowledge of it. I have a 3.8 but anyone with either motor would work for some info. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467306090.068247.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
do you already have coolers in the front of your radiator? seems like it would work but a bit pricey.

I have my PSC cooler and trans cooler mounted in front side by side no issues with heat.

DKjeep

do you already have coolers in the front of your radiator? seems like it would work but a bit pricey.

I have my PSC cooler and trans cooler mounted in front side by side no issues with heat.

Intercooler fills that area.

Sullivan

Yeah, my Ripp intercooler is there and there isn't much room to fit it. And I don't want them touching and rubbing on intercooler or the radiator.

I've really been needing one and after my trip out to Colorado last week, it's very obvious that I need to move ahead and get one.

I guess my question would be what made it so obvious that you need one? What were the temps on your trip? Was it slipping or missing?

Sullivan

It was getting hot. The mountain passes and just the hills on the trails really made the jeep work.
I'm getting a trans cooler for sure, just a matter of which one right now.
A SUper charged 3.8, Automatic with 37's and loaded with people and gear really makes that motor and trans work.

danco3636

Installed the Ripp tranny cooler between the intercooler and tranny as instructed. Fit tight but nice. No issues with it so far and no tranny heat codes yet.

Sullivan

Any pics of how tight? I don't think mine will fit. My intercooler is up against my grille as it is and I have barely any room to move it arounf

jeeeep

Hooked
with a little time you might look at sourcing the cooler parts separately and see if it can save some $$$, the stainless steel quick connect lines look nice but but necessary? seems that may be the biggest cost

Sullivan

with a little time you might look at sourcing the cooler parts separately and see if it can save some $$$, the stainless steel quick connect lines look nice but but necessary? seems that may be the biggest cost

The quick connects don't do anything for me. It's the location behind the radiator that I like.

PabloK

I believe the 3.6kit comes with the tranny cooler already.

So would this only be applicable to the 3.8 variation?

Heavyhaul07

I've used tranny coolers with fans located under the vehicle Worked good. If u go that route. Don't get a cheep one.

Top Bottom