New Zeon P12-S Warn Winch

Tincup

Just order a new ZEON Platinum 12-S Recovery Winch with Spydura Synthetic Rope today. Can't wait for it to come in. Going to be a long 5-8 days.

It also comes with the warn accessory kit via mail-in rebate. Also cashed in on the no sales tax on the item.

Any recommendations of accessories that are a must have.

Tincup

It comes with:

- 2 shackles
- snatch block
- tree trunk protector
- recovery strap
- gloves
- denier carry bag

It's the Warn medium duty winching accessory kit

GraniteCrystal

Sounds pretty good to me. While waiting for it to arrive, find a nice long stretch of road or field, sloping upward, with an anchor point (tree, boulder, etc) at the end and go watch some videos on stretching your winch rope.

Tincup

Ok good to know. I have seen videos about putting tension on the rope when winching it in to keep it from damaging the rope during a short pull.

JAGS

Hooked
What's the thought on getting a cover for the winch?

If you are talking about the neoprene ones, they fade super fast. I got one for free, so it's not too big a deal. It's closing in on purple and I've had it since March.

Tincup

Yeah if I get a cover it would be the warn neoprene cover for it. So I need to get some sort of UV protection for the cover.

But I'm wondering if the cover is really something I need to get.

JAGS

Hooked
Yeah if I get a cover it would be the warn neoprene cover for it. So I need to get some sort of UV protection for the cover.

But I'm wondering if the cover is really something I need to get.

Don't use the uv spray that comes with it. That's for sure.

Not really needed. They also have a plastic cover for just where the line is. Not sure that really makes any difference either.

WJCO

Meme King
I've heard from multiple people that the plastic rope cover is hard to get on and is near impossible to get it to fit right. I have a neopreme cover on mine. Just got it before the last winter. It was great for that. Otherwise, I leave it uncovered.

SilverBack

As long as you keep the line out of direct sunlight for long periods of time you don't need a cover (Sarcasm cuz how does one do that). The neoprene one works but will look like shit in a few months. I had zero trouble getting my line attached to the drum but sone (a lot) have a hell of a time. Good luck.

Last edited:

SilverBack

I've heard from multiple people that the plastic rope cover is hard to get on and is near impossible to get it to fit right. I have a neopreme cover on mine. Just got it before the last winter. It was great for that. Otherwise, I leave it uncovered.

Hell, I have the 10A/Hard Rock bumper and there is no way I could get the plastic cover on!!!

Jk_nate

Very sexy!!! I have the Zeon 10s (non-platinum) I personally believe it's the best looking winch on the market by far. My opinion is a bit biased though...

Top Bottom