Worst mod you have installed and regretted.

zimm

Caught the Bug
But the marketing on dynabeads is awesome!

I figure if they really worked, the OEM's wouldn't spend thousands on balancing machines and lead weights.

Tanktitan

For me it is the "factory mod" 430N nav system. Crappy display, small and in a world of iPhones retina displays, it looks like the 1960's. And you can't download trails and waypoints as best I can tell (hopefully someone will tell me how, if I am wrong).

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked
An Ex Girlfriend, Lasted only about six months before I regretted it and replaced it for a better model on my Jeep...
:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Learo2000GT

Fox ATS steering stabilizer. As most know if your suspension is dialed in starting stabilizer really isn't even needed. Took it off for awhile and really noticed no difference.

zimm

Caught the Bug
For me it is the "factory mod" 430N nav system. Crappy display, small and in a world of iPhones retina displays, it looks like the 1960's. And you can't download trails and waypoints as best I can tell (hopefully someone will tell me how, if I am wrong).

I thought that too but its saved me a few times so far. Granted I use Waze on my phone 99% of the time, but out in the boonies, no cell service, and I either need to know which way to turn to get home/campsite/etc. The blue breadcrumb trail it leaves is handy to know if you've been on a trail before (really helped out in the Vermont class 4 road maze).

Tanktitan

I thought that too but its saved me a few times so far. Granted I use Waze on my phone 99% of the time, but out in the boonies, no cell service, and I either need to know which way to turn to get home/campsite/etc. The blue breadcrumb trail it leaves is handy to know if you've been on a trail before (really helped out in the Vermont class 4 road maze).

I agree that it is better than not having a GPS and the breadcrumb means you can always find your way out. It is just that Jeep makes an off road vehicle and it needs both an on and off road GPS. My big complaint (other than the screen) is lack of being able to download trails, topos and the like. Look at the link below. You can get free topos with off road trails to download to Garmin BaseCamp but it will not load to the Jeep Garmin GPS.

https://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/

BobNH

But what fun that maze is ;)
I will have to look for this 43n thing. I have the mygig for 2008, but that number doesnt sound familiar. Are you saying the 430n retains thise breadcrumbs for future use, i.e. mapping a path to fillow again some day?

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I was wondering the same thing. Unless he's like me, I regeared last year and then did an axle swap, so I wasted several hundred dollars doing it. :grayno:

Exactly. Bought my jeep with 35s and had 3.21 gears. I daily drive it to work and it's a hilly road at 6k elev. so I was getting an average 11-13 mpg. Now I get about 17-18. So it helped. But now I'm planning on switching out to a pro rock 44. Just figured could of regeared the rear for 4-600 install with parts and put the 1200 towards the pro rock.

OhNoTheJiggies

Mine would have to be the Trail Dash I bought for my 2012. It looked so cool sitting on the dash with all those gizmos. Bought it for the crawl tune since mine was a stick and they claimed how it would help you off-road, lmfao!!! It made it so much worse!! Took forever to load then once it did while I was trying to climb up a rock I had the pedal to the floor and it didn't have enough power to climb it. I have no idea what that tune is for but the whole thing was a waste really I would never recommend it to anyone. A simple flashcal or procal is all you need.

I like my TD. However, I only run the 87 tune and haven't messed with crawl tune or anything. I do have a gripe about it though, when I try to use the buttons on it to engage lockers or sway bar disco, it doesn't work. I only got it vs a flashpaq because I got it for 250(from a guy on here), so still worth it because of the pricepoint. But if you are buying one at retail, I wouldn't recommend the traildash either. (if I can get all the stuff to work well and whatnot, I was considering buying the new one so that I could get the integrated switch pros type thing with it but idk yet... gotta do balljoints and wheel speed sensor first)

JulietKilo

Smittybilt XRC Fender Flares. They are nice, but I wish I had gone with something full width. The roads are always wet here so I always have water and mud slung onto the windshield.

Helwyr

So TF tire carrier is garbage, that much I've gathered, but what would be a "good" alternative in that style? RR Spartacus? Metalcloak SportGate?

ie. no bumper mounted tire carriers.

GunGuy69

The SB rear bumper tire carrier that has been on 3 other Jeeps before I got it. The thing is like 500lbs of dead weight that loves to swing open in traffic creating overwhelming fear for those in the right lane.

Top Bottom