Minnesota might finally have a worthy off-road destination!

akershner

I have to say, watching and reading about all the awesome adventures you guys have with your rigs makes a Minnesota man jealous as hell. Sure we have a lot going for us but I think we can all agree that a Jeep destination we are not. However, I just came across this article that could change all of that and damn, we might just be lucky enough to see Moby on the north shore one day🤘

DNR plans new 400 mile off-road trail

http://www.kare11.com/life/outdoors/dnr-plans-new-400-mile-off-road-trail/273142525

Ddays

Hooked
That's awesome. Wish Pa would do something like this. Minnesota is a gorgeous state. Only bad thing is that the trail goes to North Dakota :icon_crazy:

sipafz

Caught the Bug
That is awesome! I'm already looking forward to planning a trip from Southern Wisconsin!

akershner

That's awesome. Wish Pa would do something like this. Minnesota is a gorgeous state. Only bad thing is that the trail goes to North Dakota :icon_crazy:

Well, maybe look at it this way. I'm guessing the majority will start at Superior and head west for as far as they want to. I'd rather go against the grain and start on the Fargo side and have Superior and the iron range as my target! I'm not sayin' North Dakota doesn't have anything to offer but damn grow some trees!

MrEmmDubya

Have my fingers crossed this will get up and running sooner than later..... I have a friend with the DNR and have been incessantly asking for updates, lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool and great to hear you guys will be getting a real and LONG trail instead of just a small off road park! Can't wait to see what it's like :thumb:

Draconianwinter

The article mentioned and off road vehicle sticker, what is that? Is it just something you have to buy for one reason or other?

sent from your basement

CedarRaider

The article mentioned and off road vehicle sticker, what is that? Is it just something you have to buy for one reason or other?

sent from your basement

Michigan has them it's a use pass for certain areas (dunes/trails). It's a once a year sticker that helps pay for various maintenance and such. It's like 30-40 bucks. I think if you get caught without one they can hit you with decent fines.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Blue92

x2, lived in Fargo, ND for 5 years, glad to be back in Oregon again. The northern part of MN is very nice though, especially around fall.

outkast7222

Just got more word on this "trail" it's really just going to be a designated scenic route across the state utilizing dirt roads. This is MN's idea of off-roading. Been trying to get out largest off-road park expanded for 10 years at a snail's pace but tons of money will be dumped into this project instead.

Sent from my XT1254 using WAYALIFE mobile app

akershner

Just got more word on this "trail" it's really just going to be a designated scenic route across the state utilizing dirt roads. This is MN's idea of off-roading. Been trying to get out largest off-road park expanded for 10 years at a snail's pace but tons of money will be dumped into this project instead.

Sent from my XT1254 using WAYALIFE mobile app
[emoji107]

Top Bottom