TD2 for 2016

whytiptoe

So if some of you do not know the TD2 will be available Aug 8 for the 15 and 16 wranglers. Really debating on getting this or not, just not sure about the pros and cons of using this system and having to send off for a new ECU and warranty things. If anyone has any insight on this would you please give me your opinions on it. Thank you in advance for your help.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Looks cool to me, but it is very pricey when you start adding switches and everything else. Is there confirmation on what exactly this will do with rubicon lockers and the swaybar (i.e. activation without being in 4-low)?

I will say this, a lot of the diagnostic information is already available with the new stock communication center.

whytiptoe

Yea I'm talking the trail dash. I like it for the tunes and the swaybar and the lockers and the inclinometer and the codes and the idle up for winch. So I like almost everything about it. Got the switch pros so don't care about that part.

The part I'm not 100% on. Having to either switch or send in the ECU to unlock it. With this I'm thinking factory warranty and what it will do to it.

ob_tj

Yea I'm talking the trail dash. I like it for the tunes and the swaybar and the lockers and the inclinometer and the codes and the idle up for winch. So I like almost everything about it. Got the switch pros so don't care about that part.

The part I'm not 100% on. Having to either switch or send in the ECU to unlock it. With this I'm thinking factory warranty and what it will do to it.

Thought that's what you were talking about. I've done research on the trail dash 2. Looking at flashes for my TJ. Not to much to do on a tj but they look really cool.

ANACAPA7

Td2 high temps

I bought a TD2 and am running the high octane setting with premium fuel. It performs great however, i am running as high as 233ºF which makes me a little uncomfortable. I am not to worried because this only puts my needle gauge slightly over half way and no where near the red. But looking for the best options to minimize this temp. I have just glanced over an article about swapping the thermostat with a 180º one to open it up more. Just wondering if any one else has experienced this, or any one have an opinion on what i should do, id love to hear from you.

Journeyman

I remember seeing a thread a couple weeks ago about someone having a new trail dash on his rubicon and nothing would work. Jacked up his whole system. Couldn't even disconnected the sway bar.

whytiptoe

Reviving this thread for an update. So I just purchased new rims and will be getting my 35's soon. Now I will have to re-cal my jeep. So do I get the trail dash or just the flashcal?

USMC Wrangler

Reviving this thread for an update. So I just purchased new rims and will be getting my 35's soon. Now I will have to re-cal my jeep. So do I get the trail dash or just the flashcal?

If you're only looking to recal tire size the Superchips Flashcal or AEV Procal would do the trick.

whytiptoe

If you're only looking to recal tire size the Superchips Flashcal or AEV Procal would do the trick.

Well I kinda want the TD2 for the locker and the swaybar disco anytime I want. I just don't want to send my computer off to get flashed and something happen and my warranty is no good.

WJCO

Meme King
Well I kinda want the TD2 for the locker and the swaybar disco anytime I want. I just don't want to send my computer off to get flashed and something happen and my warranty is no good.

You flash it at home. If you take it in to the shop, you can return it to stock. Very easy.

EDIT: If you have to send your ECM in in a regular basis, I wouldn't touch it. Best to stick with tuners that are tried and true.

Last edited:

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Good deal on the tires and wheels. Now i am jealous.

I have been wondering how well the computers adjust the tranny on my 13. That is my biggest gripe and I would get a computer for that.

For the lockers, fairly easy to mod to run two wires to a ground to control the lockers like I did. I have never seen anything for the swaybar except for the Evo air operated motor replacement. If mine ever quits, that will be my replacement. Too bad it wouldnt operate the dash light.

whytiptoe

Good deal on the tires and wheels. Now i am jealous.

I have been wondering how well the computers adjust the tranny on my 13. That is my biggest gripe and I would get a computer for that.

For the lockers, fairly easy to mod to run two wires to a ground to control the lockers like I did. I have never seen anything for the swaybar except for the Evo air operated motor replacement. If mine ever quits, that will be my replacement. Too bad it wouldnt operate the dash light.

That's where I'm too picky, I want everything to work like it did from the factory, factory switches and all.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I hear you Shane. I prefer those aspects of the factory switches and dash lights too. I just dont like the factory programming.

Top Bottom