Viair 450P- any experience with this one?

LarryG

I am torn between the 440 and the 450. One is faster, but is only 33%. The other is slower, but 100%? Anyone have experience or insight on this?

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
ARB Twin. Ive heard nothing but failures about Viair. Spend the money once

Ive watched steves (cozdudes) ARB twin fill like 5 rigs tires all back to back to back. Anything from stock tires to 37s

WJCO

Meme King
ARB Twin. Ive heard nothing but failures about Viair. Spend the money once

Ive watched steves (cozdudes) ARB twin fill like 5 rigs tires all back to back to back. Anything from stock tires to 37s

I second that motion regarding the ARB. I've actually heard great things about vi-air but it's a smaller compressor. My ARB twin is awesome. Highly advise to spend the extra money. Less than 8 minutes for all 4 tires.

swampdog

I second that motion regarding the ARB. I've actually heard great things about vi-air but it's a smaller compressor. My ARB twin is awesome. Highly advise to spend the extra money. Less than 8 minutes for all 4 tires.

I will third this...my ARB twin hasn't let me down yet and keep impressive me each time I use it. Pony up and pay the extra cash now. It's expensive to be cheap...

kbp810

Caught the Bug
Had the ARB twin on the last jeep; bought the 450p this time around... it hasn't let me down yet, and is still faster than most of the other compressors out there (especially being 100% and not having to give it breaks in between)... but that being said, I really wish I'd just got the ARB twin again; that thing was a beast.

Exodus 4x4

I have the 450C with a 2.5 gallon tank and haven't had any problems with it. Fills my 37's in decent enough time.

Rottenbelly

I ran 2 viair 480c compressors for 4 years. Always worked great.
Aired up tires fast and could run air tools in short burst with the 2.5 gallons tank.
Will eventually put them in my new jeep also.

That being said if I was concerned with space the ARB would be a better option.

CJW

I am torn between the 440 and the 450. One is faster, but is only 33%. The other is slower, but 100%? Anyone have experience or insight on this?

I have the continuous duty model. It gets the job done but takes a good 20 minutes to air up my 37s after a trail run.

Last time out, I let my buddy use mine on his 33s and then I aired up my 35s. The unit was only warm to the touch. Look about a minute for each of his tires and a couple minutes for each of mine. There's no trigger lock so I just wrap velcro around the grip while it airs up.

Top Bottom