Anyone running the new BFG ko2?

robx251

Caught the Bug
Hey guys looking for some input on these for my new Rubicon. I have had many tire brands over the years and with my new jeep. New job and 40 mile commute each way everyday I am looking for something a bit more road mannored than my federal cortegas, cooper stt, and disappointed with tread life on the duratracs I had. I'm going to be running 35s.

Anyways looking for all input.

Thanks guys.

TheFett

Running now! I was running 37x12.5x17 Nitto mud before got over 40k on those but I'm the same as you. I drive my Jeep for work purposes and it's nothing to rack up a couple hundred miles per day. I wanted something more tame and smoother and quieter and possible even better mileage.

I have to say the Nittos were an impressive tire and liked GREAT on my JKU. I was impressed with the mileage that I got with them too. Now as for my KO2's........UH....for my purpose LOVE THESE THINGS!! So quite, so smooth, better gas mileage and just overall better for my purpose.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469008870.285952.jpg

GraniteCrystal

I was talking with WarriorJeep about these the other day. If I understood him correctly, they've actually come out with a new KO2 just in the past couple months that is even better. I'm running the KO2s from a year ago and really like them. If they did in fact redesign them, I'm even more intrigued.

Last edited:

Rubicon john

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471457611.622446.jpg I have BFG KO2's in 37/12.50 r17 and like them. They are great for my daily commute and have had good performance off-road. The last set I had of old bfg ko's fetched me 60k miles. One thing to consider is BFG's tend to run small. The actual measurement of my 37's was a hair over 35".

JWT

Happy with my 35s. I had the 35" eqivalent Duratracs, they were good, rode better than the KO2s, but they were C not E rated. KO2s are quiter, though.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I've had several sets of the originals. I would not hesitate to run a set of the KO2s on a 4x4 that sees a lot of road but still needs something a little aggressive. Even though they are an AT, I would bet they would get you quite a ways on a Rubicon.

stormtroopedjk

Running a set of 33 inch ones on mine! Love them! Nice tread work awesome in all conditions (have used them in sand, snow, mud, rocks, river bed,) no chunking or anything yet. About 8,000 miles on mine and they are looking good still !
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471496688.059511.jpg
Only pic I have we're you can see the tread lol

AU Bronc N JK

I run the 37x12.50R17 BFG KO2's as my street tires with ATX ravine wheels. They are excellent tires for all around.

However I run 37" nitto TG's and ATX slabs when I go wheelin!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471521271.242211.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471521331.724185.jpg

swampdog

I'm running them in a 35x12.5x17 and they are a great street tire. They are decent offroad, but they will NOT perform to the level of a M/T in wet conditions offroad. I put 10-12k miles on my ride a year so they make sense, but my next set of tires will be M/T's due to my desire for better offroad performance.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471523108.763558.jpg

vdog0531

I had them in 37's for 10k miles and now am lowering the jeep a bit and switching to 35's and I bought the same tires again. Very quiet, balance well and are comfortable ride. I keep reading they are not good in the mud... Well.... It's an all terrain tire and I don't see much mud where I'm at, so it's been a great tire for my needs. Would recommend, as long as mud is not a top priority.

BRaVell

Once my tires wear out these are what I am looking at moving to. Before I decide I hope to see a comparison to the new nitto ridge line, my other top choice

I love mine...they work great in all conditions of desert...WAAAAAAY better than the factory Muds...:beer::beer::beer:

20160317_134157.jpg

oooh look...

<--little pic...^ big pic!

Top Bottom