I'm Baddasserer Than Everyone

modman86

I have had 10 jeeps. This will be 11. If you want a truck, buy a truck. If you want a jeep with extra or external storage buy this. No way this will "flop". Jeep lovers have wanted this for 15+ years and will flock to the dealerships. The biggest negative to this truck coming out is dealers will inflate prices the first year or two. I HOPE you all want a "TRUCK" and don't want these so I can get mine without paying $5k to $10k above msrp!

Well the Wrangler as we all know is overpriced as it is, we still pay it. So you can only imagine what the Wrangler truck will cost. Probably a lot more than a semi or fully loaded more capable full size pickup. I still think it will not outsell all the competitors in the pickup class. Sure you hear some people say they want to see a pickup version, let's see how many will actually pull the trigger and buy it over a well established more capable, more option, better ride, better everything pickup truck. I bet there will be only a few, not as many as some think. Will see what the final product looks like. If it looks anywhere near the prototype, it will be a flop. What ever, some people buy Kia sportage thinking they are buying a great sport utility vehicle so each their own. I like the Wrangler, but I can't see any good reason to buy the pickup version of it. When I buy vehicles, I rather choose to buy the best of their class. I guess if you don't plan to tow anything heavy and don't care about gas mileage or seating room or comfort and just buying it for the looks and have more money to blow away then go ahead. I can't wait to see the results. Jeep has made pickup trucks for quite sometime but when was the last time we've seen one on the road or how often? Just saying.

RageKage

Well the Wrangler as we all know is overpriced as it is, we still pay it. So you can only imagine what the Wrangler truck will cost. Probably a lot more than a semi or fully loaded more capable full size pickup. I still think it will not outsell all the competitors in the pickup class. Sure you hear some people say they want to see a pickup version, let's see how many will actually pull the trigger and buy it over a well established more capable, more option, better ride, better everything pickup truck. I bet there will be only a few, not as many as some think. Will see what the final product looks like. If it looks anywhere near the prototype, it will be a flop. What ever, some people buy Kia sportage thinking they are buying a great sport utility vehicle so each their own. I like the Wrangler, but I can't see any good reason to buy the pickup version of it. When I buy vehicles, I rather choose to buy the best of their class. I guess if you don't plan to tow anything heavy and don't care about gas mileage or seating room or comfort and just buying it for the looks and have more money to blow away then go ahead. I can't wait to see the results. Jeep has made pickup trucks for quite sometime but when was the last time we've seen one on the road or how often? Just saying.

"Just saying" but when was the last time you seen a pick up do half the shit a wrangler can? You have to think about what the manufacturer is going for when they market a product. Will it be as good as a full size pick up? Absolutely not. But do you really think a company like Jeep is honestly trying to compete in the market of full size pick ups? If you say yes you're just retarded. This jeep "pick up" has been and will be designed specifically for nut jobs like us that want to put our rigs to the test out in the wilderness and guess what? With the pick up bed, we get to haul some extra shit! Towing capacity? Seriously? A JKU towing capacity is less than 5,000 lbs. and you really wanna compare this new jeep truck to a full size dodge or Chevy? Vehicles are built for specific purposes just like you stated, so stop comparing the two because they are nothing alike. It's a JKU with a bed on it. Obviously it's not going to be a Chevy or dodge 3500HD. That's just dumb to even say. But what it is going to be is an awesome adventure rig that guys like us can now pack a multitude more of gear and supplies thus taking longer trips and having more cargo space than ever before. That's the design plain and simple. Don't know why that's so hard for some people to understand or comprehend. It's not like it's fuckin rocket science. I guarantee you the guys at FCA had a conversation just like this.
"Hey guys people keep saying we need more cargo space in our wranglers, how do we accomplish that?"
"Build a 4 door model" -checked that box off
"People still want more cargo space, what do we do?"
"Take the 4 door and put a truck bed on it."
Boom minds exploded.

Uncas

Hang on there peeps why all the bitching and anger? This is just a mock-up of what may be coming in the future. I'm pretty sure that Jeep will in time have the aesthetics sorted on the vehicle when they are ready to start extensive testing. Do you really need 500bhp to tow anything? If so I've been doing it wrong for the last 40 years towing with my old Land Rover's. 2.5 ltr petrol and Diesels.
Lets sit back chill out throw another log on the fire and pour another beer I'll have a pint of Old Peculiar.
I'd rather have the Kaiser any day.
Have a gud un.
Uncas

modman86

"Just saying" but when was the last time you seen a pick up do half the shit a wrangler can? You have to think about what the manufacturer is going for when they market a product. Will it be as good as a full size pick up? Absolutely not. But do you really think a company like Jeep is honestly trying to compete in the market of full size pick ups? If you say yes you're just retarded. This jeep "pick up" has been and will be designed specifically for nut jobs like us that want to put our rigs to the test out in the wilderness and guess what? With the pick up bed, we get to haul some extra shit! Towing capacity? Seriously? A JKU towing capacity is less than 5,000 lbs. and you really wanna compare this new jeep truck to a full size dodge or Chevy? Vehicles are built for specific purposes just like you stated, so stop comparing the two because they are nothing alike. It's a JKU with a bed on it. Obviously it's not going to be a Chevy or dodge 3500HD. That's just dumb to even say. But what it is going to be is an awesome adventure rig that guys like us can now pack a multitude more of gear and supplies thus taking longer trips and having more cargo space than ever before. That's the design plain and simple. Don't know why that's so hard for some people to understand or comprehend. It's not like it's fuckin rocket science. I guarantee you the guys at FCA had a conversation just like this.
"Hey guys people keep saying we need more cargo space in our wranglers, how do we accomplish that?"
"Build a 4 door model" -checked that box off
"People still want more cargo space, what do we do?"
"Take the 4 door and put a truck bed on it."
Boom minds exploded.

Figures you missed my point. And yes I've seen pickup trucks do as much if not more than a Wrangler. It's all how you set up the rigs. A stock Wrangler a Rubicon or not, doing hard trails will shred up to recycled goods. The underneath of a Wrangler uses very thin parts every where. The thin parts are not trail worthy. Every part will smash up easily. Death wobble isn't common for some unknown reason. In stock form it's only a light trail vehicle or a mall crawler per say. Why is it that the majority of the people who own the Wrangler that at least do some hard wheeling put as much or more than the cost of the vehicle? I had to do a ton of work on my JKU to make it even halfway worthy to handle rough trails. Come my way and be prepared to be put back in your place. You just haven't seen it or don't want to admit the reality of things. The one thing you got right is being a nut job. I'm just telling my view of things, don't need some nut case trying to twist my point. This topic is for the individual thoughts of this product, not for someone to bash another persons opinion.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
PROOF of the Fabled NEW Jeep Truck???

^^ Well aren't you a live one. So much of what you said is, well, laughable but since you are clearly a badass and a "modman", I won't waste much of my breath on you. I will say this though, the vast majority of the time death wobble is caused by someone who (1) doesn't properly modify their Jeep, or (2) doesn't know how to properly maintain their Jeep. In any event, it's not that common

Ddays

Hooked
WTF?! Is this guy from the Diesel Bros fanboy club? Who is going to buy a Wrangler pickup and try to haul a 10 horse trailer with it? Be realistic.
It'll be a light hauler like we all expect it to be.

Wranglers are not trailworthy? OK. Whatever you say boss.:rolleyes2:

Wrangler pickup a flop? That's strike three...

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Wow, newb joins Jeep Forum, proceeds to bash new unreleased Jeep product based on assumptions, compares these assumptions to non class products all while displaying a some sort of superior attitude.
Where's the rub?
All I know is I had better get moving on beefing up the underside of my stock JKU, because I'm liable to bend or break something the next time I bump a parking block at the mall.
Oh yeah, welcome to WAL!

thardy

Banned
Figures you missed my point. And yes I've seen pickup trucks do as much if not more than a Wrangler. It's all how you set up the rigs. A stock Wrangler a Rubicon or not, doing hard trails will shred up to recycled goods. The underneath of a Wrangler uses very thin parts every where. The thin parts are not trail worthy. Every part will smash up easily. Death wobble isn't common for some unknown reason. In stock form it's only a light trail vehicle or a mall crawler per say. Why is it that the majority of the people who own the Wrangler that at least do some hard wheeling put as much or more than the cost of the vehicle? I had to do a ton of work on my JKU to make it even halfway worthy to handle rough trails. Come my way and be prepared to be put back in your place. You just haven't seen it or don't want to admit the reality of things. The one thing you got right is being a nut job. I'm just telling my view of things, don't need some nut case trying to twist my point. This topic is for the individual thoughts of this product, not for someone to bash another persons opinion.

WTF did I just read? Have you ever wheeled a stock Rubi? If you're "shredding things up to recycled goods", you need a better spotter. Just sayin.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Welcome to Wayalife. Glad to see we have a new badass and someone so knowledgeable on the site. Without you, we may never know anything.

But seriously, thank you for proving your knowledge with pictures and proof and for also putting all of us back in our place. Without you, we may never have this forum.

I've seen pickup trucks do as much if not more than a Wrangler. It's all how you set up the rigs. A stock Wrangler a Rubicon or not, doing hard trails will shred up to recycled goods. The underneath of a Wrangler uses very thin parts every where. The thin parts are not trail worthy. Every part will smash up easily. Death wobble isn't common for some unknown reason. In stock form it's only a light trail vehicle or a mall crawler per say. Why is it that the .
Is this even a serious comment?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I hope modman86 comes back soon. I'm looking forward to the wisdom he will bestow upon us. :yup:

WJCO

Meme King

Dude, calm down.... it's a Jeep forum...put your Bug out bag back in the closet.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Figures you missed my point. And yes I've seen pickup trucks do as much if not more than a Wrangler. It's all how you set up. Come my way and be prepared to be put back in your place. You just haven't seen it or don't want to admit the reality of things. The one thing you got right is being a nut job. I'm just telling my view of things, don't need some nut case trying to twist my point. This topic is for the individual thoughts of this product, not for someone to bash another persons opinion.

Well aren't you "bash"ing another person's opinion also? Irony in short supply is it?

Well heck, we need your help. Please help us and explain how you set up your rig? And please show us a full sized truck on the Rubicon. My albeit short trip a couple weeks ago did not witness any kind of full sized truck.

We are lost and now need your help. Please help us, you're our only hope.

Lance628

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469285197.131358.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just telling my view of things, don't need some nut case trying to twist my point. This topic is for the individual thoughts of this product, not for someone to bash another persons opinion.

I realize it might be hard for you to see but just because you don't like what you're hearing doesn't mean people have been "bashing" anything - they are simply expressing their opinion.

mo0s3

I realize it might be hard for you to see but just because you don't like what you're hearing doesn't mean people have been "bashing" anything - they are simply expressing their opinion.

Couldn't agree more [emoji3]He's Putting his emotions to other peoples words lol

RageKage

The retard is strong with you isn't it? You obviously have no idea what you are doing to your jeep if you had to "do a ton of work to make it halfway worthy of a rough trail" but yet Eddie has videos of him taking people in stock jeeps through the rubicon? :thinking: you entirely missed the point when you compared the wrangler to a dodge or Chevy. You basically just compared apples and chocolate cake. They're not even remotely in the same area of class. Don't worry we're all awaiting your next dumbass response. :crazy:

modman86

Yeah I figured and expected a few negative responses and it's easy to say it behind the screen. Ask anyone who's taken their stock Rubicon on the Rubicon and take a nice look under and around. I've done it, it's impossible to come out with nothing bent unless you're taking bypasses. I don't care how good you think you are at 4 wheelin, even veteran pros wreck their rigs. Yeah I may be new on this forum but you don't know me to call me what you don't know. I am in the automotive industry, I work on many types of vehicles so I see the good and the bad. Go to an FJ forum and see how you get treated there. Forums are all like that, ants protecting their group. I'm not like that. Sorry to hurt those who replied negatively but be more mature about it because I know you would never talk to me if you ever met me in person, you and I know that. Deny it, then you are genuinely full of shit. You know who you are. Yeah I said things that will make some protective individuals squeal, it is a forum, I don't spend hardly much time on forums, however I do get stuff in my inbox from this site and it did ask for an opinion so I gave it. Don't like it, then too bad I guess. I also share what many people don't know when they have issues with their rig and vice versa. Maybe you don't need anything from me and it's absolutely fine. Let's just end it right here and move on. I'm here because I have a Wrangler JKU, obviously a Wrangler fan. I learned a lot from this vehicle doing the work myself. I'm called "Modman" for a reason, if fact many of you guys have some of my products on your vehicle if it's led related. I'll let you guys continue on. I'm going to head out on the trails for some more testing. I'm sure I'll meet some of you if you are ever in my area. Take care and act like you would do face to face.

Top Bottom