Front end vibes when parking.

awdel87

I'm getting vibes in my front end and took off the driveshaft, still have them. Mechanic told me it is my bearings or pinion, question, how hard is to change it, and does anyone has a write up about it? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469031654.713359.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I'm getting vibes in my front end and took off the driveshaft, still have them. Mechanic told me it is my bearings or pinion, question, how hard is to change it, and does anyone has a write up about it?

Outer pinion bearing isn't too difficult, but make sure you know what you're doing so you don't over-torque the crush sleeve. If it's the inner one in the differential or carrier bearings, it's quite a bit more in depth and requires a press.

jeff_in_rc

If it is the wheel bearings they are sold as an assembly, buy a pair and replace them and they are not hard to do.

Bustedback

Are the front tires cupped, or showing signs of abnormal wear? The right front on my JK was severely cupping due to lack of rotation from the previous owner and felt like the engine was going to stall when rolling to a stop. Good tires made all the difference in the world.

Top Bottom