3" Lift

outkast7222

OK I this has been asked a million times, maybe more but either search doesn't want to work or I'm an idiot. LOL maybe both.

Looking for a 3" lift kit for my 2dr JK, $2000 or less with shocks. Plan on running 35s I have sitting in the garage then going to 37's when those are wore out. So something with adjustable bumps would be nice.

Looked the Metalcloak Game Changer but not sure on the quality of the stuff....

tgoss

OK I this has been asked a million times, maybe more but either search doesn't want to work or I'm an idiot. LOL maybe both.

Looking for a 3" lift kit for my 2dr JK, $2000 or less with shocks. Plan on running 35s I have sitting in the garage then going to 37's when those are wore out. So something with adjustable bumps would be nice.

I would do Evo's enforcer with fox 2.0 shocks all day, twice on sundays.

Edit: or Rancho 9000's. Everyone seems to be very happy with those.. Personally I've only had Fox and King.

Rottenbelly

I feel you get a more complete lift with the MC lift.
I only ran their arms, 4 years trouble free on them so far.

I have actually looked at the Evo lift but I'm not sold on it yet. The arms are nice and beefy for sure.
I just can't see paying that price and getting no shocks and only front control arms,Springs, and a few brackets.
Then you still have to get shocks.

I am looking at the 3.5 mc kit with Fox shocks, and the evo 3 inch lift then adding fox shocks and adjustable tracbars
I have been trying to decide for 2 months now and just haven't been able to decide yet.

If your shooting for under 2k I would probably go evo and shocks.
The more complete mc lifts are gonna be over 2 k.
The true dual rate kits with just a few arms and shocks would probably be equally priced to the evo with shocks.

I have ridden in a few different jeeps with the MC lifts and liked them.
I think it would help if I could find someone that has a evo rig I could ride in to help me decide.

Last edited:

Jackal01

I feel you get a more complete lift with the MC lift.
I only ran their arms, 4 years trouble free on them so far.

I have actually looked at the Evo lift but I'm not sold on it yet. The arms are nice and beefy for sure.
I just can't see paying that price and getting no shocks and only front control arms,Springs, and a few brackets.
Then you still have to get shocks.

I am looking at the 3.5 mc kit with Fox shocks, and the evo 3 inch lift then adding fox shocks and adjustable tracbars
I have been trying to decide for 2 months now and just haven't been able to decide yet.

If your shooting for under 2k I would probably go evo and shocks.
The more complete mc lifts are gonna be over 2 k.
The kits with just a few arms and shocks would probably be equally priced to the evo with shocks.

The MC kit comes with unnecessary items. You don't need adjustable track bars. Relocation brackets will do the job. You don't need to replace all 8 arms, you only need to do the front lowers especially since theirs aren't long arms. I don't need to convince you of anything just giving you facts. For EVOs price you are paying for quality not quantity.

JeepJeep75

3" Lift

Having just recently installed the EVO 3inch Enforcer, I can honestly say that you are getting every bit of your money's worth. There isn't a single part of that lift kit that is a "compromise". You are getting only exactly what you need, nothing more. The parts you are getting are grade AAA Beef! Pair them with the Rancho shocks and you will be satisfied, all day and night.
Edit: I agonized for a year and a half on which lift to get. My wife was telling me to get the EVO lift for the last year ever since I told her about it. So after an exhausting personal debate I finally got it.

Last edited:

Rottenbelly

The MC kit comes with unnecessary items. You don't need adjustable track bars. Relocation brackets will do the job. You don't need to replace all 8 arms, you only need to do the front lowers especially since theirs aren't long arms. I don't need to convince you of anything just giving you facts. For EVOs price you are paying for quality not quantity.
I agree with you on some of the brackets. I am not a fan of the front shock brackets.
As far as needed a adjustable track bar , no you don't need one with the right bracket, but I had them on my other jeep and liked being able to center my axles.
That being said, my first jeep had a Frankenlift, so I needed the adjustments. I had 4.5 synergy springs, MC arms, Fox shocks, JKS and Teraflex tracbars at one time or another. I was constantly trying to get things to work together.
This time I am looking for a more complete lift when I do a lift this time.
I will say the more I research the more I lean towards evo.
I need a beefy lift with all 8 arms. I wheel my rig almost daily at an area where they run WE rock buggies. I have bent stock control arms so keeping them is out of the question for me.

And i know folks are very loyal to the Evo brand on here due to them being problem free. That speaks volumes to me.
If they sold a lift with all 8 short arms, shock and the rest of the needed stuff they would probably have the market cornered. I would have bought one already.

And I fully expect to catch a little crap for liking MC on here. But I feel the same way about them as some folks do about evo on here. I had great luck with there arms.

But anyways, I am still researching and threads such as this may help me decide on my next lift. Actually looking at currie lifts now also...Carry on!!

Last edited:

outkast7222

Thanks for all the replies guys, I'm still on the fence which ewy to go but sounds like there is more of a EVO following here. I'm guessing that's for a reason.

babykud

I just got the 2.5 duo flex arb edition. Great kit for 1500 bucks. Comes with everything you need. Yes, LCA would be a great addition but you can add those later.

COLOJK

3.5" JKS jspec. Very reasonably priced in my opinion and comes with fox shocks. I love mine so far. It has a ton of options, for example I added lower front adjustable control arms. Trail jeeps did an awesome job with my install and were extremely helpful in my decision between this and the evo enforcer.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
3.5" JKS jspec. Very reasonably priced in my opinion and comes with fox shocks. I love mine so far. It has a ton of options, for example I added lower front adjustable control arms. Trail jeeps did an awesome job with my install and were extremely helpful in my decision between this and the evo enforcer.

Well trail keeps pushes JKS over the enforcer for a few reasons and it has nothing to do with being a better kit.

COLOJK

As you should be. It would suck if you weren't happy with it especially after a vendor convinced you to buy it.

Yes I agree that I should be nothing but satisfied considering the investment it takes to swap to a whole new suspension set up. I have done a trail with a enforcer equipped jeep and was very impressed and I was also extremely impressed with my new jspec the other weekend. The only reason for my post was to add a different point of view to the OP on my experience with what I chose to add to my jeep. I am fully aware that my support for my JKS kit is my own opinion. my only intention was to bring another option to the table as that is what I value most about this forum is the wealth of knowledge at hand that can be a huge help for all of the members to make decisions on how they would like to invest in their jeep. Apologies if I stepped on anyone's toes, I certainly had no intention of doing so.

Top Bottom