Getting ready to drop some money

So I got a quote from TrailJeeps for just about all the things I want on my jeep for now. I think I am going to start off with just suspension, tires and wheels, and a tire carrier. This is what he quoted me, I need to change the double rear 1350 drive shafts to a front and a rear one and need to get shocks (should I order them straight from rancho?) also am I missing anything and do I need to get wheel spacers for ATX slabs? Thanks and I appreciate any info. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469303610.575940.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469303621.247599.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
So I got a quote from TrailJeeps for just about all the things I want on my jeep for now. I think I am going to start off with just suspension, tires and wheels, and a tire carrier. This is what he quoted me, I need to change the double rear 1350 drive shafts to a front and a rear one and need to get shocks (should I order them straight from rancho?) also am I missing anything and do I need to get wheel spacers for ATX slabs? Thanks and I appreciate any info. View attachment 214216 View attachment 214217

72963-mother-of-god-super-troopers-m-wxua.jpeg .....

Nothing to weld to on the rear. There are no knuckles or end forgings.

Thank you very much! Also what gearing should I go with? I am always teetering between 4.10 and 5.13, it will be mostly for daily driving so I would like a decently comfortable ride at 75+ mph.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Thank you very much! Also what gearing should I go with? I am always teetering between 4.10 and 5.13, it will be mostly for daily driving so I would like a decently comfortable ride at 75+ mph.

You'll likely want 4.88 or 5.13 on 37s. If you live in a relatively flat area 4.88s would be perfect. If you want the lower crawl ratio off road or drive in areas with lots of long, steep hills, you'll might want the 5.13s. There is a chart in post #4 in the link I'm posting that shows what your rpm will be at 70mph with various gear ratios and tire sizes.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...-the-JK-Wrangler&p=21019&viewfull=1#post21019

Also lots of other great info in there for someone new to Jeeps.

Last edited:

vjusmc

I have 5.13 gears on 37" TOYO tires, 3.6 engine with an auto. I'm very happy with the torque and speed on this combo. Pretty quick pick up through about 80 Mph.

Drdiesel1

My info says 4:88's with 37 will give you a matching speedo without needing to use the super chips programmer.
5:13's will reduce gear life and leave you with a broken gear set at some point. Eddie posted a video of his 5:13
rear diff breaking on the trail and they had to remove the ring gear to get it off the trail. I plan on running 37's with 4:88's
because of this problem. It's not a matter of if, but when will the 5:13's break :icon_crazy: YMMV!

Smoot_JK

I just purchased about that many parts for mine not to long ago and I wish I ordered headlights. For some reason I hoped the stock ones weren't that bad. Also, do you plan on getting any LED lighting?

dillard09

My info says 4:88's with 37 will give you a matching speedo without needing to use the super chips programmer.
5:13's will reduce gear life and leave you with a broken gear set at some point. Eddie posted a video of his 5:13
rear diff breaking on the trail and they had to remove the ring gear to get it off the trail. I plan on running 37's with 4:88's
because of this problem. It's not a matter of if, but when will the 5:13's break :icon_crazy: YMMV!

I think Eddie broke his rear 44 with 5.38 and 40s, someone correct me if I'm wrong. And he was wheeling it hard! There are plenty of people on here that run stock 44 rear axle with 5.13 and 37s with lots of success.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Your info is wrong. You will need a programmer if you change gears on an auto period. Do better research.

Also that was a 5.38 gear he broke and that was with 40's. Again, do better research.

I just purchased about that many parts for mine not to long ago and I wish I ordered headlights. For some reason I hoped the stock ones weren't that bad. Also, do you plan on getting any LED lighting?

Yes I am planning on headlights and some LED lighting but my tires are almost completely bald right now so I thought I'd get the tires and suspension figured out and worry about bumpers and lighting in the near future!

Top Bottom