TJ Restore(ish)

JOHN73738

I have been working on my wife's 2001 TJ for the last couple years. I have replaced the springs with Pro Comp springs (2" Lift) and shocks to match, replaced front and rear bumpers with tube style bumpers, fender flares, and nerf bars. Now I am focusing on the aesthetics. Paint is slated for the future, but the hard top is mildly oxidized. It is not too bad and can be minimized by waxing it frequently. My question I am trying to get to is; has anyone used Rust-Oleum Wipe new?

https://www.amazon.com/Wipe-New-Rust-oleum-R6PCRTLKIT-Applicator/dp/B0160VUYF8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469332477&sr=8-1&keywords=rustoleum+recolor+wipe+new

Have seen the commercials and if it works as advertised should do the job. However I am an ever skeptic so here I ask the question.

If anyone has other ideas to restore this top to like new I would love to hear them.

Thanks and I appreciate any advise given.

Oh, cant forget the 150w 8" bass bazooka and Pioneer head.

20160312_111038.jpg

ob_tj

I have heard of people using Ultima tire and trim guard plus for hard tops. To the best of my knowledge once it is faded pretty bad the most you can do is cover it up, make it look good for a little bit then reapply the product.

Top Bottom