Pine Barrens Trails? Best Location?

tonytony9

My Dad and I decided that we want to take a trip out to the New Jersey Pine Barrens tomorrow, 7/24, though I was wondering if what the best entrance location is? I have run a few trails through the Pine Barrens before but they were pretty dull and definitely not the trails I have heard of other people hitting in there. These trails were more on the outskirts of the pine barrens down by Long Beach Island.

So if anyone can dish up some suggestions on where to go there and where to avoid that would be great. We would like to keep it on the easy to medium side as these are our daily drivers so we really cant have major breakage (when avoidable).

Thanks!

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
There's nothing difficult about the pine barren trails. They're all just sandy fire trails with the occasional water hole. The best entrance is off of rt 206 at atsion lake. There's a ranger station there and you can pick up a map of the open trails. Some trails have been closed due to overuse so be careful where you go.

tonytony9

There's nothing difficult about the pine barren trails. They're all just sandy fire trails with the occasional water hole. The best entrance is off of rt 206 at atsion lake. There's a ranger station there and you can pick up a map of the open trails. Some trails have been closed due to overuse so be careful where you go.

Thanks for the input, I have read about other people going through at the same point.

Top Bottom