Fun with free parts...stubby mod and paint

jbird720

Last week a fellow Jeeper was kind and gave me his front and rear bumpers after he spent some serious coin on heavy-duty new stuff. In the short time I've owned my jeep, one thing kept driving me nuts. We live 2 miles down a dirt road, and when it rains we get massive puddles, and it basically stains the fenders/bumpers to look like a bloody ugly mess. With no end in sight, I could spend the $$ and upgrade to metal fenders/bumpers, but rather save for a lift and rims/tires. Then I was given the takeoffs...first was the stubby mod. Which having a extra bumper to experiment with is a bit of a stress relief. It's not easy, and requires lots of patience. But overall it looks OK off the Jeep till it dries. Then I sprayed both with krylon hammered black. This is where I'm hoping it'll help keep things not looking like muddy water drool on my plastics. If it all works out I'll do the same paint scheme to the fender flairs.

Attachments

• 1469388395280.jpg
    1469388395280.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 115

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Looking good man I did the stubby mod on mind still need to clean mine up though it's just been so dang hot lately
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469392141.858679.jpg

jbird720

So far my test sample that's painted isn't holding up well to our muddy waters...going to add a clear coat. open to other suggestions....pictures is what I'm dealing with my current stock, non painted plastic

Attachments

• 1469419305440.jpg
    1469419305440.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Top Bottom