Crawler Conceptz JK body mounted tire carrier pro's/cons?

LAJK

I'm in the market for a new hinged tire carrier and have had my heart set on this one. Can anyone with on hand experience tell me if its worth the cash or is it trash?

dillard09

I have it. I have only had it on for about a month. No trails yet but it feels very solid. I know there are few that have had them for awhile with plenty of dirt time.

ForumRunner_20160724_181923.jpg

Mtb275

Look for a video of a blue jeep going off a drop. Should be pretty easy to google it. They appear to be very solid. I ordered one.

Colorado2003

I love mine. Just finished the Rubicon Trail and also hit a few in Colorado since I put it on in March. I had a body mounted one on my last build and love the easy one handed open feature and its holding up great! Here is a pic with my 40" Toyo MT and Spyderlock. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469414013.350326.jpg

Sullivan

Love mine too. Just had it off road again this weekend. Took a couple bit hits when I dropped off some ledges. The tire flexed like it was supposed to do. Had no damage or any issue at all.
One handed opening is great. My wife can open it without issues. And that was the reason why I didn't get a basket style carrier. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469445708.355927.jpg

dillard09

How has the CC tire carrier worked out for you now that it has been a while?
So at first I had some trouble getting the tire hanging on the back without some movement to it. Shaking when driving and offroad. Added some bigger washers to where the tire holder mounted to the carrier and since it has been rock solid. I'm now running 37x13.50r17 Cooper stt pros with the slabs and the hi lift is still on there. For what I paid for it, it has been worth it.
20170528_211915.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

CarolinaJK

Definitely a solid tire carrier choice. No rattles, vibrations etc out of mine. Most likely will be trading it out for an Evo simply to keep the Evo theme going.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_2221.jpg
    IMG_2221.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 134

REBLSPY

Love mine too. Just had it off road again this weekend. Took a couple bit hits when I dropped off some ledges. The tire flexed like it was supposed to do. Had no damage or any issue at all.
One handed opening is great. My wife can open it without issues. And that was the reason why I didn't get a basket style carrier. View attachment 214436

Which rear bumper is that? Does it use the factory Hitch?

TheGrendel

Care to elaborate? Just curious.

I bought one of his first bumper tire carrier combos. There were no directions. Fortunately, somebody posted a link to PSC's website because all of his original stuff was copied from PSC. Only slight difference in mounting.

After install of the bumper, I had fitment problems. I called him on the phone multiple times and he just kept telling me to send pictures. I did that multiple times. Never got 1 response.

I didn't install the tire carrier for a long time. But, when I did, I realized I was missing a piece. So, I called Shad up again a couple of times over a couple of months. I was honest. Said I didn't know if it ever came or I just lost over the months, but I needed to purchase the replacement.

No problem, no problem. Send me an email. Never got one returned email.

After that, I decided no CC products again. Seem to be well made, but the lack of any response is a deal breaker.

REBLSPY

I bought one of his first bumper tire carrier combos. There were no directions. Fortunately, somebody posted a link to PSC's website because all of his original stuff was copied from PSC. Only slight difference in mounting.

After install of the bumper, I had fitment problems. I called him on the phone multiple times and he just kept telling me to send pictures. I did that multiple times. Never got 1 response.

I didn't install the tire carrier for a long time. But, when I did, I realized I was missing a piece. So, I called Shad up again a couple of times over a couple of months. I was honest. Said I didn't know if it ever came or I just lost over the months, but I needed to purchase the replacement.

After that, I decided no CC products again. Seem to be well made, but the lack of any response is a deal breaker.

Dang. That’s unfortunate.

J

JKDream

Same poor service here. Bought their body mounted tire carrier - had a lot of fitment issues with the bolt holes.
Couldn't get the tire "V" mounting bracket on as they were drilled in the wrong spot. Had to make a temporary fix and re-drill the holes.
Talked to Tommy and Shad on the phone - they argued with me saying that it wasn't possible they would be drilled incorrectly and then said I would have to pay for a new mounting plate + shipping if I wanted to replace it. Would never buy anything from them again.
Friend also bought their body mounted sliders - which came without hardware. Took them over two months to ship it out leaving him with a $1200 paperweight.

Top Bottom