Sons request

colo dean

So our oldest is in boot camp for the Army (couldn't be prouder) he got to call home the other night and had a request. He wanted a family Jeep picture. Well, what kind of dad would i be if I didn't honor his request. Managed to get my father and sister over to take a picture of all of the Jeeps together. Was kind of hard to get the picture as it seemed everyone else wanted to stop in the middle of the street and take their own picture.
Anyway, we have from left to right, my fathers 15 JKU, my 14 JK, his 74 CJ5, moms 15 JKU and my sisters 15 JKU.
IMG_6105a_zpsipda3owl.jpg

Guess we were a pretty good attraction for a bit, those that didn't stop gave us a thumbs up as they drove by. Hoping to get them all on the trail this Sunday and have a bit more room and better scenery.

Last edited:

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
That is a great photo, thank you for sharing.

Also, a HUGE thank you to your oldest for his service and protecting my family. We really appreciate it.

colo dean

Awesome picture! Tell him thank you for his service.
Thanks CastleRock. I certainly will!!

So cool. Can we trade families?
If everything stays the same, we have a 12yr old that wants a flat fender for his first ride. I really need winning lotto numbers.......and a bigger garage!

That is a great photo, thank you for sharing.

Also, a HUGE thank you to your oldest for his service and protecting my family. We really appreciate it.
Thank you Nevada, it was really hard to see him go but can't put into words how proud we all are of him

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
So our oldest is in boot camp for the Army (couldn't be prouder) he got to call home the other night and had a request. He wanted a family Jeep picture. Well, what kind of dad would i be if I didn't honor his request. Managed to get my father and sister over to take a picture of all of the Jeeps together. Was kind of hard to get the picture as it seemed everyone else wanted to stop in the middle of the street and take their own picture.
Anyway, we have from left to right, my fathers 15 JKU, my 14 JK, his 74 CJ5, moms 15 JKU and my sisters 15 JKU.
View attachment 214518

Guess we were a pretty good attraction for a bit, those that didn't stop gave us a thumbs up as they drove by. Hoping to get them all on the trail this Sunday and have a bit more room and better scenery.

Thanks for his service. Also I have a shit load of In Laws to trade for your family. [emoji41]

Ddays

Hooked
That's an awesome photo! Thanks, dad for raising a son that gives a damn. Hope he has a long & safe career in the military.

dchotrod

That's great! Bits & pieces of home can certainly motivate while being away, especially when you're trying to get used to being away. Sounds like you have reason to be proud.

colo dean

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, but thank you all for comments. Ddays, thank you, we were blessed with 2 boys that both have good heads on their shoulders. He has a 6 yr enlistment. We discussed he is almost 1/3 of the way to retirement if he likes it, stay in and he could be retired at the age of 38 and then go do whatever he wants.

Btw, Red Knight, I think one set of in-laws is enough for me :)

Top Bottom