Jeep not starting

socalsailor88

So I have this problem for rent a little while now. It hasn't been too much of a pain until recently. When I try and start up my jeep it just sounds like the starter click of death. Until recently I noticed that if I push the shifter forward slightly it starts right up. Any ideas on what this could be. It's a automatic by the way.

Drdiesel1

What year ? Sounds like the starter, but without testing the voltage to the solenoid wire when the fault happens, it's an EWAG!

socalsailor88

It's a 2010 I have had the starter checked out already. I was more concerned that it might be a transmission problem. Like the jeep it thinking it wasn't in park

TRLJNKY

Mine has done that sporadically for almost 2 years. Rock the shifter like you said and it starts right up. It hasnt gotten any worse or anything just an occasional annoyance. Ill watch to see if someone has some good insight on this issue.

JEEPnGEO

If you push the shifter forward and it starts right up then it is the neutral safety switch. Do some investigating on that part. see if you can bypass it for testing purposes. Make sure you are in park and no one stands in front of or behind you while working on it. Hope you find it.

DINKELROC

My 2007 has done that for some time now, the dealer in Redlands told me to have it fixed next time I do the transmission service cause it is up inside by the valve body and they will already have it open. It's on my to-do list

Top Bottom