FUEL EFFICIENCY JK RUBICON 2dr 2015

JerryGzz

Hello I am Jerry, from Monterrey, Mexico.

I have recently acquired a JEEP RUBICON 2DR 2015 past April 2016. It was brand new, actually the last RUBICON 2DR 2015 at the dealership.

Right now I have around 1,800 km so basicLly it is brand new.

I have had 3 jeeps before, all of them TJ's.

My currently issue is fuel efficiency. Please do not go wild on my comment, I know I dis not bought a Prius.

Right now the Rubicon is giving me a fuel efficiency of 4.2 km/liter. I think it is crazy!! I was expecting something around 7 km/liter.

A full thank (70 liters) does not reach 300 km.

Does anyone know what might be wrong? Is this normal?

Thank you all for your comments!!!

Jerry Gzz

FYI: I am still running stock tires and lift. In the near future looking forward for 35's maybe 37's.

JerryGzz

I have the tires at 35 psi and have been doing different kind of driving. Last time I drove the full tank without doing any aggredive driving. Is this normal or should I check out for some program error or something?

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
4.2 km/litre is pretty bad for a stock 2 door. I normally average 7-8km/litre with 33s, 2" lift and all my gear on board. Stock I was getting 9 km/litre

Wethy

If it's that bad I'd be taking it back to the dealer and asking them what's up. On my 14 2dr manual with 3.73s 285/70/17s and a 2.5" lift with front bumper and winch I still manage around 11L/100km and am getting about 520km a tank

JerryGzz

Thank you 2nd.gunman and Wethy, I will definitely go to the dealer. I wanted to see if I was completly mad expecting a 11L/100km or 7-8 km/liter.

I could not conceive a full tank could not take farther that 290 km. I will do that.

Thank you all for your comments!!

Thats not normal.

My record in fuel effiency is 100 km per 10 litre.

That was on only flat tarmac driving, no city driving at all and at about 85 to 90 km/hour.

2 inch lift, heavy bumper, winch, full package, 5 persons and aggresive all terain tires ( copper st maxx )

Under normal circumstances I will get about 14 to 16 litre per 100 km. ( most city driving and about 30 percent highway.

Kyle7R

what gear ratio did it come with, and is it an Auto or a 6-speed? Apples and oranges, but while it was stock my 3.8 with stock 4:10's and a 6 speed manual got anywhere from 17-19 Miles per gallon, which (according to Google) is around that 7-9 Kilometers per Liter you were expecting.

Edit - I forgot...are you actually figuring this by hand, or are you utilizing the built in calculator on the driver info center? That could make a huge difference if it wasn't reset when you took delivery, lots of idle time and slow driving around the parking lot, on/off the freighter, or ship that it came from..etc.

JerryGzz

Kyle7R it is an AUTO. About the gear ratio I am not sure. It is the stock Rubicon. I believe it is a 4:10, I will confirm.

I am doing it both by hand and with the built in calculator. Both result are very similar. I have reset on every tank. [emoji106]🏻

Additionally, I have not been able to go farther than 290 km with a full tank.

JerryGzz

Bingobelle that sounds about something normal I would expected from a JK, I definitely have something going on my JK.

Draconianwinter

Driving my stock rubicon with the 6 speed manual I average around 20 mpg on the highway and around 18mpg in city. That said I don't race the engine and I very seldom run the rpms up over 2300 going to the next gear. On highway I usually set the cruise control at 65mph. Driving habits can have the single largest effect on fuel economy. Add to that differences in terrain and you can have a huge loss in fuel economy.

Top Bottom