Canadians headed to Colorado - Some Advice Please!

fifthconspiracy

Hello!

In late August a few of us Canadians are headed down to Colorado (from British Columbia) for a 4-5 day adventure.

Few questions related to planning if anyone can chime in please:

1. Aside from Black Bear Pass, Imogene Pass and Engineer's Pass, are there any other trails we should hit? We have about 4-5 days to spend in Colorado. My kids like old building/mining ruins.
2. How long does it take to run Black Bear and Imogene? They look like fairly short trails, albeit steep ;-)
3. We were thinking on the way home of heading through Canyonlands... any good names of places to check out and see/camp? Been to Moab a few times before, so I while I'm familiar with the area, I haven't been through Canyonlands.

Thanks so much for your advice/suggestions! I appreciate belonging to this forum as the members have been super helpful in the past!

Cheers,

Paul.

PS - Here is a photo of me throwing the horn in BC's huge and beautiful Nemaiah Valley, Chilcotin a few weekends ago.
27953496894_250503387a_c.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Middle St Vrain/Coney Flats is a good one. But it's near Boulder/Lyons. Estes Park/Trail Ridge Road is cool too, but that's more of a tourist thing, not a trail.

Cody73

Blanca is an adventure if you get the time. I second looking trails up on traildamage.com. A lot of good info and its free

Onefin

Imogene takes approx 2.5 hours to 3 hours.
I ran it yesterday from ouray to telluride and it took way over 3 hours, lots of people.
I think it is more challenging from ouray to telluride, but others with more expierence may disagree.
I think it takes less time going from telluride to ouray vs the other way, but that could just be me.
More time if you stop often or if it's crowded.
If your kids like mines, plan your lunch stop at the town of tomboy,

Free dispersed camping at Alta lakes outside of telluride and there is an old mining town on the way there too.
Sunshine campground right outside of telluride is nice, but they don't take reservations so I guess you could check there, then head up to Alta lakes if sunshine is full.

Ophir pass to silverton starts right by sunshine and Alta lakes.

Forgot to say PM for my contact info and we can meet up when you are here. We live in Telluride.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Top Bottom